Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Louvre window install tutorial needed
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
barfly1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Louvre window install tutorial needed Reply with quote

There are quite a few instructional vids out there for the refurbishment of Westy louvre window which I have followed and how have a lovely shiny louvre with new seals to install. My bus did have a louvre window in the past but has only had plain glass since I've owned it, therefore the pre-drilled holes should be there in the window recess area but I need to know how best to remove the glass, I'm guessing just cut the existing seal. More importantly how do I fit the replacement louvre properly and what size screws do I need to get. I need to do this in one day as the bus isn't garaged at the mo so need things to be in place and to go to plan. I have the external seal fitted to the louvre.

Anyone know of any vids they've come across or can post any pictures to help me out. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screws can be had at any hardware store.

Old window removal. Cut seal and remove.

Now that windows out get some screws that with fit. Easy to figure out now that the window is pulled.

With your new seal on the Jalousie window and a friend to help steady the window so you don't scratch paint ( I used some blue tape on body to prevent scratches) tilt the window in bottom first. Push firmly to seat seal. Use screws to hold in place. Make sure window is seated before you start securing with screws.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely a few pictures here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search..._chars=200

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
barfly1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice and links. I'll tackle it next weekend.

Cheers
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side and rear window removal trick; push them out with your shoes Shocked ,Lay on the seat or engine deck, push one end slowly with both feet as flat on the window as you can to start then whole window will come out WITH the rubber INTACT !!!You will need someone on the outside of the bus to catch the window....Great if you are removing windows to paint because it saves the seals ...and if you are selling the windows with the seals you get more...NOTE; don't start on the end of the side window that has the small vent window Rolling Eyes....works on bug side and rear windows too Cool

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: