Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cracked a cylinder - too much boost
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INteresting. I could prob see it in that hondas are about twice as efficient and prob dont need the fuel volume at same HP level.

Think

what management do you run chip?

400 WHP in a bug would rule. Most of my honda builds make over that on pump and are daily drivers. not a one is over 15 psi boost. lol.

Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chip Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymouse wrote:
INteresting. I could prob see it in that hondas are about twice as efficient and prob dont need the fuel volume at same HP level.

Think

what management do you run chip?

400 WHP in a bug would rule. Most of my honda builds make over that on pump and are daily drivers. not a one is over 15 psi boost. lol.

Mine sips nothing but 91 octane, maybe e85. 280whp got me 11.8 and 119mph in the 1/4 in my stock suspension daily driver in Utah at 4500ft. This is also the pass the car maxed out the fuel system. Mph says it had an 11.5 in it.
What does a 400hp driver Honda do in the 1/4?
I'm running MS3/3X full sequential and COP.
jhoefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip B. wrote:

Torque steers into the wall. Razz
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip B. wrote:

Not that this one makes 400, but it sure was a funny ass race...

Link

Chip, I'm sure you'd be even farther ahead at the long end of the track. Laughing

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is MUCH better. Should give chip some hope. This is only 245 whp. Look at the number he runs.

Link

Note to EVERYONE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question. What a turbo honda runs, it depends what model.
FWD sucks so they are hard to get them to hook. So it then depends on setup and driver. 400 whp will run a 10 with ease if you can drive it, but most run 11s due to wrong wheel drive. Most of the cars are gutted shells at that whp that drag race.
I build s2000s so its a whole different story (RWD). 400 whp s2k is an 11 sec car cause they actually have some weight to them. Id imagine somewhere a guy with 400whp s2k has run 10s, but i havent monitored it so closely that i know off hand.

Id rather build 400 whp bugs but i havent found the strong client base in vws who wants that. Far fewer willing to spend the cash in this arena than in the japanese import world.

Note to EVERYONE.
Chip Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymouse wrote:
To answer your question. What a turbo honda runs, it depends what model.
FWD sucks so they are hard to get them to hook. So it then depends on setup and driver. 400 whp will run a 10 with ease if you can drive it, but most run 11s due to wrong wheel drive. Most of the cars are gutted shells at that whp that drag race.
I build s2000s so its a whole different story (RWD). 400 whp s2k is an 11 sec car cause they actually have some weight to them. Id imagine somewhere a guy with 400whp s2k has run 10s, but i havent monitored it so closely that i know off hand.

Id rather build 400 whp bugs but i havent found the strong client base in vws who wants that. Far fewer willing to spend the cash in this arena than in the japanese import world.

Hondas definitely have my respect. I work with a guy that made 511whp with his del sol @18 psi on pump gas, and a water/meth shot. Its fun talking to honda dudes at the track, the vws tend to get a lot of respect, i had a few very fast honda drivers commenting on how brutal my wimpy 1.6 60ft lauches looked. It was funny, defintely 2 different worlds. I think the same thing when i watch an angry fwd come off the line, they sound evil!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: