Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus rear torsion /bug swing axle
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Bus rear torsion /bug swing axle Reply with quote

I have a rail buggy with a bus rear torsion assm (not sure what year, but pretty sure it was a split) I'm trying to install a 65 bug s/a and the the bus spring plates ain't gonna work since they don't have the U cut in the end for the axle. I thought just find a pair of bug s/a plates, but I think the bus torsion rod dia is larger right? so my question, anyone know of an adapter spring plate for this? Bus rod dia and bug axle? Thanks, Tony.
md perf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor; cut it out and put a regular torsion housing in there. I went trough the same crap with a buggy.

Order a nice one from appletree. its worth it. If you plan on going long travel torsion bar setup, for an extra $45 have them weld on the long travel plates.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bus torsion is going to be very stiff without adjustment. It would be easier to just weld in one from a bug, but if you are stuck with the bus one, at least take some of the pre-load out of it! Chances are those were plates for an early redux box setup. Perhaps a set of later swing axle bus plats would work?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: