Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

best front tire and wheel combo
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
loomty1990
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: best front tire and wheel combo Reply with quote

just curious what people reccomend for a front tire just offroad for a light weight rail buggy all i have are some bfg a/t on a 15x8 or 9 rim (i think) right now but need somthing that wont pop on rough landing thats how i lost my last pair. possibly looking for some good rims to go with them so ill have street tires and offroad tires so any recomendations will be much appreciated and possibly some suggestions on places to go offroading near cincinnati ohio
vwracin2win
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a bfg at. It's a very durable tire especially on something as light as a Baja bug or buggy. I'm not sure what you want for height but a lot of guys run the 7.00x15 tire which is about 30" tall and 7" wide. I ended up just buying for my Baja last weekend some bfg at 30x9.5x15 for the front and mounted them on a 4" wide wheel they are closer to 8" wide and maybe 30-31" tall I'm not sure I haven't measured the height yet and are a lot cheaper than some of the 7.00x15 (if you can find any)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shred625
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a buggy that will be light like that and a lot of race cars run these too is the Mickey Thompson Minimag tire.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/off-road.php?item=MiniMag

For looks and performance in a 15" wheel I like the BTR 15x4 wheels.

http://www.mooreparts.com/store/product/3810/BTR-15X4-5-Lug-Wheel/?gclid=CMPq34PPrLYCFcqd4AodhysAsg
InkyLewis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running the minimag tires for years and have never had a problem with them.
Snappy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a pair of yoko 7.00r15 they measure 31" with new tread, and i think more like 7.5" wide. I had to buy a pair of 6.00x15" rims with a 2" backspace to make them (almost) not rub, I think I could use a 3/8" wheel spacer in there still.
I got the 2 tires for $460 taxed mounted and balanced.

On a stock LP beam on a baja.

Very happy with them and they should last a very long long time. I think thats about the cheapest you can find them, Tirerack wanted $400 shipped and add mount+balance and disposal cost its about the same. I got them from americas/discount tire and they took about a week and a half to ship.

-Snappy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: