Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AR-15 builders
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love your dad for that!

That is a beaut'! Bushmaster lower...('Bushy') are good. Looks like target barrel. 2-stage trigger? How does it group?

I have a Bushy barrel on my practice target rifle and Armalite in another. I have Geissele triggers on mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We decided it was cheaper to buy his and hers s&w m&p 15 sporters and change what we want on them. The Norinco mak 90 RAW and 30 round mags will stay in the safe more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fill up your pockets boys and girls. looks like it will be impossible to buy AR rounds here soon....

just when stuff was starting to come back in stock here in CT......

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that bullshit on the radio today. Do you suppose it'll actually stick?
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I heard about that bullshit on the radio today. Do you suppose it'll actually stick?

It shouldnt, but since its the ATF, who knows? They're only proposing to ban M855, so M193 should be safe, at least until they come up with a reason to try and ban that too.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give up an inch, they take a mile. Always!

ATF is trying to be slick on the wording in the old rule. The M855 is already exempt from that AP classification. What congress needs to do is passage of an amendment that will make that exemption permanent. Need not change anything just a small line. Very Happy

At any rate, I started rolling my own ammo. So every piece of brass i can get cheap and stock up on powder/projectiles and primers...just in case.

I loaded my 'battle-pack' ammo of 8 full 30-rd mags of 5.56mm 62gr -wrapped. Made several packs ready to go in case of zombie attack.

They just opened a very nice state-of-the-art shooting range here Manassas, Va and been there all week this week. Love that place.

What is steadily happening now is the pro-gun states are becoming even more pro-gun and the anti-gun states are even more anti-gun. I feel for those people who much jump all kinds of hoops just stay 'legal' and keep their firearms.

We just passed some pro-gun legislations in VA awaiting the governor signatures.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In firearms related fields paranoia and panic buying are the norm these days. At my local shops you are lucky to find any .223 ammo on the shelves that were full until a week ago. The M855 isn't the greatest ammo but is relatively inexpensive and a good plinking round. I roll my own so I don't rely on that supply, but I strongly oppose any action, like what the ATF is proposing. To anyone with common sense it's plain to see that they are needlessly using the verbiage of the law to circumvent the spirit of the law. AP rounds are outlawed for use in "pistols" because the are easily concealed and could be a danger to law enforcement where soft armor is used. An AR "pistol" is hardly a pistol in the traditional sense, and nearly all rifle rounds, .22LR excluded, can pierce soft body armor. The move is a "means to an end" and is a backdoor move

GEX has. Just sayin
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP,

http://www.eparmory.com/80-PERCENT-ALUMINUM-LOWER-RECEIVERS-s/1882.htm

It is a local guy and a pretty good quality product. I have a jig for them now, and have done 17 doing #18 on Thursday. They take about 4 hours to completely mill with a standard drill press. They do have the stickers that you can lay down and drill through but I have never used them. My only advice is to use a good sharp drill bits and go slow. You can build them how ever you want. You don't really save money doing it your self but it is fun to do and having a legal unregistered firearm is Cool

The polymer ones are pretty stout too
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I have an adequate supply of 223 "cop killer" bullets for my next few armoured car jobs.

Randy "Mexico Beige" Bulger
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy in Maine wrote:
For the record I have an adequate supply of 223 "cop killer" bullets for my next few armoured car jobs.

Randy "Mexico Beige" Bulger

I prefer to keep it all "off the record". Wink
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the cheap steel case .223 tulAmmo is sold out most places in this state.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a small local gun show a few weeks back and there was .223 as far as the eye could see. There is another gun show this weekend in town. I am very curious to see what is available, and for what asking price.
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at midway and they seem to have plenty of both .556 and .223 at not gouging you prices. Maybe its just my local walmarts that are out of it. I have a couple of spam cans of .223 so i'm not in a hurry.
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like targetsport USA. good prices and free shipping on bulk. I use gunbot too. its a search engine for ammo.
I have some tulammo i run through my AR. its ok for the range. certainly not not consistent but its ok for a bang bang day at the range
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of .223 at the gun show today. I saw Wolf ammo 500 round can for $125 I think. I didn't write it down, so I may be remembering wrong.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my area we have gun shows real often. Unfortunately they have become nothing more than a retail sale.

GEX has. Just sayin
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugninva wrote:
in my area we have gun shows real often. Unfortunately they have become nothing more than a retail sale.
In Calif its great for beef jerky tasers and other swap meet junk. My local wally world has zero 5.56 a few boxes of way over priced .223 and just a few single boxes of tula .223. There has been a spam can of federal xm193 55gr 5.56 sitting in this walmart for a couple of years. 720 rounds $457. No one would buy it and the price never went down. Sure enough last week its gone. We have .223 savage bolt guns so we don't bother with 5.56 and use .223 in both AR's and savage's.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in middle of loading 3000 rounds. I use most of the reloads for practice. But gotta have the battle load ready to go too.

I am looking at 62gr steel-tips selling by 55 gallon drums. What shortage?

Just when the prices were coming down too and now this shit. Everybody in panic-mode and buying everything.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, I built a middy 16-inch w/ A1 rifle stock -sweetest thing I have ever seen. Just beautiful.
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Plenty of .223 at the gun show today. I saw Wolf ammo 500 round can for $125 I think. I didn't write it down, so I may be remembering wrong.

Wolf stuff is ok if you want to go shooting in the desert but the local range here wont let you shoot it because its steel cased. Also its berdan primed so most reloaders dont like it.

Ammo around here isnt impossible to find, but there was definitely some panic buying going on for awhile. Most places Ive checked lately are low on stock if not out completely.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: