Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Meyers Manx Tow'd seats
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottercountypuddlejumper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Meyers Manx Tow'd seats Reply with quote

Has anyone got a good close up picture of an original Tow'd seat? Better yet does anyone know someone who makes the snap in seats for the Tow'd? Mine are not there at all....just the snaps and a strip of vinyl.... Thanks, VIC

As a rule, a man is a fool, when its hot he wants it cool, when its cool he wants it hot, and what it is he wants it not!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're just roughly rectangular foam pads (the lower ones narrow toward the front) covered with vinyl and/or fabric. There is an extra strip across the top back edge which has snaps that attach it to the body to keep it from sliding down or falling forward. The shape of the body will keep the lower pads in place, but snaps (or velcro) are a good idea there too.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
pottercountypuddlejumper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
They're just roughly rectangular foam pads (the lower ones narrow toward the front) covered with vinyl and/or fabric. There is an extra strip across the top back edge which has snaps that attach it to the body to keep it from sliding down or falling forward. The shape of the body will keep the lower pads in place, but snaps (or velcro) are a good idea there too.

That is a nice looking Tow'd! Thank you for answering. I am a first time builder and think I will be rebuilding mine just like it was when first built. Nothing fancy, to suit my level of workmanship. Except I am going to try to license it for the road and here in Pa., it will have to meet more than a few "must haves" to get a title and license. I was wanting them to look like original. I live in a very rural area, no upholstery shops at all. Any suggestions? You guys are the best, at helping out! VIC

As a rule, a man is a fool, when its hot he wants it cool, when its cool he wants it hot, and what it is he wants it not!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Iguana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRP Seats make them and have templates sorted.
manxvair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the PRP seats and their belts. snaps on top-bottom of back rest, front-rear of bottom cushion. They stay put until you unsnap them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: