Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Exhaust Pipes/Air Hoses
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsilverman11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Exhaust Pipes/Air Hoses Reply with quote

Hello,

Looks like the aftermarket exhaust system that PO put on my bus is blocking the pathway for the air hoses that run to the heat exchangers. They had hoses in there but they were squished and mangled to fit around the exhaust system. Any suggestions?? Do I need to take this whole mess off and put the proper muffler on? See picture.

Thanks,
Larry

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Pipes/Air Hoses Reply with quote

Maybe recut the hole in your rear tin to get better alignment. These tins are pretty plentiful if and when you go back to a stock style exhaust.

Once you have the new holes, an exhaust shop could probably make you a pair of ducts to go from the heat exchangers up through the tins for pretty cheap.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Pipes/Air Hoses Reply with quote

I'd find a stock muffler for it. They sound & look much better plus no hacking would have to occur.

Conrad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crownline
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust Pipes/Air Hoses Reply with quote

If you google stock muffler you will see the connection from upper hose to lower. Maybe you could make something like that to replicate. Make it in 2 halves to wrap around pipe. I agree a stock muffler would be the way to go.

"It"s got some dings and dents and neither of us is going to SEMA."(Update, I went to SEMA in 2019 but the Bus stayed home)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-8446.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: