Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Syncro was hit while parked, UPDATE 4/1/14
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to put this here now and clear the air:

First and foremost, I feel like some of you may think I was bad mouthing Daryl, Matt, and AA transaxle. I have never, in my mind had the idea to talk bad about who is building my transmission. I hold the highest respect for AA tranaxle, Daryl, and Matt since they have such a good reputation in the VW community and since they helped me out with this whole insurance claim situation. I suppose what I may have said in previous posts is that I had become antsy about getting my syncro done, but I would NEVER think of talking badly about Matt, his family or his business. I have talked with Matt and he was angry at me for what others thought was me bad-mouthing him and his company.

I got paid out by the insurance company early this year, minus $1000 to cover the deductible, and the money was there. Thank goodness I had that money when hard times fell on me because it kept me alive for a very slow and cold winter.

Now, I have a fraction of what is required to pay Matt, and am building up to the total cost that we agreed upon.

The ball is in my court now, and I should have posted this weeks ago. Matt is a great guy to deal with, and I understand his time limitations because of all the work he has lined up. The transmission is still in the box, not built, and we agreed to keep it that way until I send him the full amount.

I have had my own problems to deal with in the last year also, one of them being a bankruptcy due to a failed business, add into this an insurance company that wanted to dawdle, a lawyer who disappeared after the settlement was made, etc... Imagine my stress level. But I never wanted my messages to rub off the wrong way on the company that was building my trans.

I hold the highest regard to AA transaxle and have no intention to say anything bad about them. I feel that internet has a way of giving words meaning in the way the reader wants to read them, and if you don't know me, things can be understood very wrong.
I'm sorry to anyone thinking I conveyed negative thoughts towards AA transaxle, Matt, or Daryl. That was never my intent.

-Ali
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a final update, I received my transmission back from AA a couple weeks ago. With the weather and other business, I haven't had much time to do anything other then unbox it and stare in awe. I will post pics soon, but I'm excited to get my syncro back on the road.

Matt and Erica did an awesome job getting dates set and keeping lines of communication open. Thank you AA transaxle! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JeffRobenolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause congrats.

Get ur done for Bus Brrr?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrobewesty wrote:
Applause congrats.

Get ur done for Bus Brrr?

My wife has already put it on the calender...fingers crossed I will have an auxiliary heat source and a functioning Van! I forgot all the other little issues the van has! hahaha.
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I bought the TDI starter adapter, and I need to talk with my Wurth guy about getting something to coat this trans with.
JeffRobenolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drool!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Mine should be on the build table shortly!!
AA Transaxle, Matt and Erica are great! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased. Total cost for mine was near $4k. Got a new R&P, oiling plates, some new parts, etc, Insurance paid out $2500, I had to cover the rest, since other parts weren't included in the insurance claim.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total cost was 4k? Or total cost was 6.5k, insurance paid 2.5k and your total paid out was 4k? 4k seems cheap with a new R&P.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
alijonny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

insurance paid out $3500, the $1000 deductible that I will probably never get back is included in that. SO really I got $2500 from the insurance company.
So, $2500 in my hand from the insurance company. I paid the remaining $$ out of pocket.

AA transaxle rebuilt with new Weddle R&P, oiling plate upgrade, and other internal parts for rebuilding, plus he replaced the bell housing due to case rot.

I believe Matt discounted some things due to the nature of events that unfolded over the last couple years. He really came through for me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: