Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fast n loud tv show
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DUBSLIFE5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Fast n loud tv show Reply with quote

anybody watch this? just started watching it and i like it. however i cant help but believe all these shows are fake or staged.
Ferrari f40 epsiode hes "talking on the phone to an italian guy he cant understand"
notice the phone is at the home screen. and the display should be dimmed or off. anyone else catch this or something similar?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows like this and Chasing Classic Cars bug me a bit because they're all about the flip. In my mind they hurt the old car hobby.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fast n loud tv show Reply with quote

DUBSLIFE5150 wrote:
i cant help but believe all these shows are fake or staged.

far rider wrote:
Shows like this and Chasing Classic Cars bug me a bit because they're all about the flip.

Of course they are "staged" it's a TV show.

I've watched (or at least tried to watch) Texas Auto Wars, FnL, Counting Cars, Chasing Cars (Edit: mixed up CCC-which I like with the Car Chasers-terrible show), Overhaulin' and another show that was on Discovery out of AZ. Almost all are too concerned about getting it done ASAP, but outside of the one out of AZ, FNL is the most watchable imho as the give & take between Richard & Aaron is almost watchable, they actually show abit of the build and take chances with sometimes somewhat different vehicles. But the fast flip is basically the same model as the rehab shows on HGTV and various real estate shows. I'd be much more interested in any of the above shows if they showed more of the process and doing the job well rather than FAST. I mean a F40 rebuild in 8 weeks when the Ferrari guys are thinking a year, come on.

Last edited by L378 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a show that will film local to us at my friends shop.it's going to take about eight or nine months to film and he is not doing any deadlines on cars so there's no rush to build stuff. It should be pretty cool he's a really fun guy to talk to I think he'll do great on camera

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the most accurate thing about these car shows on TV is in the fact that car people create their own drama, as well.
In virtually every automotive circle/group, I've never seen so many gossipping/shit talking busybodies; you'd think you were sitting in a fucking hair salon.
VW people, muscle car people, import tuner kids, vintage restoration people, it doesn't matter. And, like aforementioned hair salon hens, they act like all is hunky-dory when the subject of their conversation is in view.
So from that perspective I'd wager the staged drama is a pretty accurate portrayal of car guys, overall.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

far rider wrote:
Shows like this and Chasing Classic Cars bug me a bit because they're all about the flip. In my mind they hurt the old car hobby.

I actually think Chasing Classic Cars is one of the best car shows on TV. I like that it's only about cars, they don't cut away to him off doing dumb shit, or constantly arguing with people. I don't mind the fact that he's flipping cars, you've got to make a living somehow.
SmokeyJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like fast and loud, I do agree, this show moves to fast. now On the flip side, Counting Cars does at least tell you how long it took them to do the build with no real deadlines, they do show during the commercial the cars in progress almost every episode. Now I wouldn't go to Richard's shop to have a car built but I would go to Danny's to have one built, and here is why. Kount's Kustoms work is expertly applied on every build, they ask many questions on how you want it done, what you'd want to see, your style. Richard's shop will probably do the same thing but I would not like a Aaron styling done to my preferred design, not to say he doesn't do good work, but I wouldn't like him to make a sudden change if he felt it would look cooler. It's really hard to describe on a keyboard what I'm trying to say.

wanted parts: jalousie windows, bumper over riders, window seal set (all), vw emblem for hatch, fog light, and interior sliding door handle

"We are special, You and I sit between control and freedom , bending the boundries without reprocussions..." - My brother from another mother Cal.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast and Loud is one of the few shows that doesn't have "characters" like the other "reality" shows out there. I think everyone hams it up a bit on camera but for whatever reason I think those guys are closer to who they really are.

I can't stand counting cars much at all. They are all actors with a role that is 99% annoying. I mean come on, if some guy showed up with a horn helmet and matching jacket would you hire that guy?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.

Last edited by crofty on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Fast and Loud is one of the few shows that has "characters" like the other "realioty" shows out there. I think everyone hams it up a bit on camera but for whatever reason I think those guys are closer to who they really are.

I can't stand counting cars much at all. They are all actors with a role that is 99% annoying. I mean come on, if some guy showed up with a horn helmet and matching jacket would you hire that guy?

yep. I dig fast n loud. seems pretty honest as a reality show can be. "Fuck this, I'm broke, someone buy me a beer!" It could also be that they aint far away from me, and they are allways inviting people to the shop to come hang out.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SmokeyJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Fast and Loud is one of the few shows that doesn't have "characters" like the other "reality" shows out there. I think everyone hams it up a bit on camera but for whatever reason I think those guys are closer to who they really are.

Hell yeah if he could do the job I needed him to do. Don't hate or discriminate lol.

wanted parts: jalousie windows, bumper over riders, window seal set (all), vw emblem for hatch, fog light, and interior sliding door handle

"We are special, You and I sit between control and freedom , bending the boundries without reprocussions..." - My brother from another mother Cal.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of those shows lie about how long it really takes to do a flip. It really takes 4-6 weeks. Even Foose can't do a complete overhaul in 5 days. Those Chopper boys can not build a custom bike in 10 days.
Glenn A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
I actually think Chasing Classic Cars is one of the best car shows on TV. I like that it's only about cars, they don't cut away to him off doing dumb shit, or constantly arguing with people. I don't mind the fact that he's flipping cars, you've got to make a living somehow.

It also seems that Wayne Carini of CCC is a little more discrete about the money. He'll mention what he thinks a car is valued at but alot of times doesn't say what a deal closed at. I think that is pretty cool.
Richard Rawlings of FnL prides himself on saying I bought this for 5 bucks and sold it 5 thousand.

60 Double cab
65 EzCamper
66 Double cab
62 Kombi
2017 Golf R
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn A wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:

It also seems that Wayne Carini of CCC is a little more discrete about the money. He'll mention what he thinks a car is valued at but alot of times doesn't say what a deal closed at. I think that is pretty cool.
Richard Rawlings of FnL prides himself on saying I bought this for 5 bucks and sold it 5 thousand.

I've only been able to watch a couple of episodes of CCC as repeats on another channel (I don't get Velocity), one thing I picked up at least on those episodes is that the cars are the stars of the show. In all of the shows, the cars often aren't the sole/primary focus, part of that may have to do with the channel that it's on. As for the money aspect, Rawlings will also at least say - "ah, lost my shirt on that one." I'm not so concerned with that as the stupid negotiations so many shows go through. Why bother?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked no one has mentioned the 2 tone Split Bus in many shots outside the Kount Kustom's shop..... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
I'm shocked no one has mentioned the 2 tone Split Bus in many shots outside the Kount Kustom's shop..... Laughing

Mentioned in another thread awhile back - I believe the conclusion was it belongs to the detail guy, the only guy on the show that seems to have some personality.
gostros
Mr. Obvious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

far rider wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I rescue old forgotten cars like people rescue pets. I get them on the road and sell them. I usually don't keep them more than a year. I consider it flipping because I do it for profit. If I didn't rescue the car, it could still be rotting in the woods or been hauled off to the scrap yard. So, in my opinion, people who flip help the hobby.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gostros wrote:
far rider wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I rescue old forgotten cars like people rescue pets. I get them on the road and sell them. I usually don't keep them more than a year. I consider it flipping because I do it for profit. If I didn't rescue the car, it could still be rotting in the woods or been hauled off to the scrap yard. So, in my opinion, people who flip help the hobby.

In my opinion the very few cars you save becomes meaningless compared to the hundreds of millions of cars produced on this earth. If you make a profit then it is only benefiting you. In 100 years from now nobody will give a shit about any gasoline powered vehicles.
Scott H
Samba Luddite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
gostros wrote:
far rider wrote:

In my opinion the very few cars you save becomes meaningless compared to the hundreds of millions of cars produced on this earth. If you make a profit then it is only benefiting you.
In 100 years from now nobody will give a shit about any gasoline powered vehicles.

I only wish I could be alive in 100 years to see how wrong you'll be about this.
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shows as well as all of the others including the storage, shipping, housing, remodel etc shows are loosely based on actual occurnces. Recreated with some material to make it more entertaining. Sometimes they are hard to ignore and I usually don't watch those shows. Texas car wars, and the auction one with the bald auctioneer, as well as hardcore pawn are so poorly scripted they are unwatchable.

Now the Ferrari F-40 on FNL was a stupid buy, and they are going to have a hard time faking it, I am interested in seeing what happens though. I know it is a rare car but its been wrecked with sugnifficant frame damage, no matter how nice the car ends up being it will always be the wrecked car from FNL. Can you imagine being at Ferrari show with that car.. Or trying to re-sell it Shocked
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flemcadiddlehopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMNCLNR wrote:
These shows as well as all of the others including the storage, shipping, housing, remodel etc shows are loosely based on actual occurnces. Recreated with some material to make it more entertaining. Sometimes they are hard to ignore and I usually don't watch those shows. Texas car wars, and the auction one with the bald auctioneer, as well as hardcore pawn are so poorly scripted they are unwatchable.

I hate to break it to all of you but even Amazing Race and Survivor the out come is scripted right from the start. The contestants are told at which point they are to fail. The only reality in reality tv is it is cheaper to produce and that mindless people will watch a mindless show, even if it is to see how stupid it really is.
Please don't take offence to this....I don't mean you. You are all smart enough to know that you are watching a stupid show.

Gordo.

Retrograde Garage. Vintage Aircooled, and others.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: