Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fast n loud tv show
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMNCLNR wrote:
These shows as well as all of the others including the storage, shipping, housing, remodel etc shows are loosely based on actual occurnces. Recreated with some material to make it more entertaining. Sometimes they are hard to ignore and I usually don't watch those shows. Texas car wars, and the auction one with the bald auctioneer, as well as hardcore pawn are so poorly scripted they are unwatchable.

Now the Ferrari F-40 on FNL was a stupid buy, and they are going to have a hard time faking it, I am interested in seeing what happens though. I know it is a rare car but its been wrecked with sugnifficant frame damage, no matter how nice the car ends up being it will always be the wrecked car from FNL. Can you imagine being at Ferrari show with that car.. Or trying to re-sell it Shocked

We were both wrong as their partner bought them out for a $175K profit and $50K bonus's for both of them!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
DMNCLNR wrote:
These shows as well as all of the others including the storage, shipping, housing, remodel etc shows are loosely based on actual occurnces. Recreated with some material to make it more entertaining. Sometimes they are hard to ignore and I usually don't watch those shows. Texas car wars, and the auction one with the bald auctioneer, as well as hardcore pawn are so poorly scripted they are unwatchable.

Now the Ferrari F-40 on FNL was a stupid buy, and they are going to have a hard time faking it, I am interested in seeing what happens though. I know it is a rare car but its been wrecked with sugnifficant frame damage, no matter how nice the car ends up being it will always be the wrecked car from FNL. Can you imagine being at Ferrari show with that car.. Or trying to re-sell it Shocked

We were both wrong as their partner bought them out for a $175K profit and $50K bonus's for both of them!

Wrong about what, having a hard time faking it? I call BS and would be willing to bet that is not the real owner of the car..
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you call them out on it and have them Show you Proof! Rolling Eyes
My wife couldn't believe they spent $30K for new tires/knockoff wheels. Shocked
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrmarcdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flemcadiddlehopper wrote:
You are all smart enough to know that you are watching a stupid show.

Laughing
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmarcdude wrote:

Laughing

I'm smart enough to know I'm watching a stupid show, but I enjoy watching it.
Also did you notice Richard did not yell at Cooter at all when he couldn't get the 1917 car started at the auction.
Dip Shit Sr. would have been screeming at the top of his lungs.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Culito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
mrmarcdude wrote:

Laughing

I'm smart enough to know I'm watching a stupid show, but I enjoy watching it.
Also did you notice Richard did not yell at Cooter at all when he couldn't get the 1917 car started at the auction.
Dip Shit Sr. would have been screeming at the top of his lungs.

X2
I like the direction they take with most of their cars...and there's some interesting characters.
I think this turned out pretty badass:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love shows about cars, with people wrenching on cars and people hunting for cars so I'll watch any show that fits my love. ....Im not a woman so I dont care about the politics and the drama...as long as someone is showing me cool cars or people making boring cars into cool cars, Im golden. Even if Overhaulin is fake I dont care, they still start with a junk car and make it an awesome car....same with Fast n Loud, they take something that is generally very boring and make something fun out of it....nuff said. Its either that or watch Doc McStuffins or Mickey Mouse Club with my 14 month old son....

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacochris wrote:
I love shows about cars, with people wrenching on cars and people hunting for cars so I'll watch any show that fits my love. ....Im not a woman so I dont care about the politics and the drama...as long as someone is showing me cool cars or people making boring cars into cool cars, Im golden. Even if Overhaulin is fake I dont care, they still start with a junk car and make it an awesome car....same with Fast n Loud, they take something that is generally very boring and make something fun out of it....nuff said. Its either that or watch Doc McStuffins or Mickey Mouse Club with my 14 month old son....

I'm with you, but I have to admit that I will on occasion watch Pimp My Ride as a vent and a boost. It never fails that I sit and bitch at the television while it's on, but watching it also reassures me that no matter what mistake(s) I might make on my bus, it is virtually impossible for me to fuck it up as badly as they fuck up every vehicle they touch.
Fab4Fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with tacochris. The shows are for entertainment.
The only type of shows that really grind my gears are the ones that really push their sponsors in your face. American chopper kinda did it by making theme bikes and doing tours of company headquarters. And many shows dedicate time at the end to show cool products from sponsors.
The ones I hate really make sure they talk about how great a certain product is and go on and on.
Graveyard Carz come to mind. The guy is in over his head about how great his restoration shop is. 80% of the show is his camera time just talking about what theyre gonna do, and why their product is much better than using another. The cars hardly get any airtime. Its almost unwatchable.

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/velocity-presents/videos/painting-classic-colors.htm
just paint the freakin car already!
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever watch TRUCKS or HotRod TV?? On CMT I think>>>>>>.
they take the cake!
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch a rerun of wheeler dealers. They have done a VW bus an early bug and converted a rusty later model bug into a dune buggy. Then theres Fast and loud that does nearly the same hack job on every car . Air bags, side pipes and a shitty metal flake paint job . They confirm the stereotype a lot folks already have in that Texas is a bunch of beer drinking rednecks. Well maybe that is true . Anyone catch the early bus and Ghia that went for big money at auction?
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Catch a rerun of wheeler dealers. They have done a VW bus an early bug and converted a rusty later model bug into a dune buggy. Then theres Fast and loud that does nearly the same hack job on every car . Air bags, side pipes and a shitty metal flake paint job . They confirm the stereotype a lot folks already have in that Texas is a bunch of beer drinking rednecks. Well maybe that is true . Anyone catch the early bus and Ghia that went for big money at auction?

And where pray tell do you reside?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zozo wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

regardless of where he resides he's been in Texas enough to know it's true.

Perhaps thats why I like them. Like someone in their garage flipping cars would be, except with a TV crew and some decent play money. Problems with the car, getting less of a car than you thought, fixing undisclosed damage, freaking out about what you're spending, drinking some beer to laugh it off, then finishing the car and getting more or less than you needed, and drinking a beer to celebrate or drown your sorrows... sounds pretty familiar to me
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until someone tries to pull you over like the Counts Customs guys.. I already have people stopping by asking if I want to sell stuff.. People who obviously know nothing about cars and want to offer half what your asking because they saw it on TV.. I just laugh and tell them to move along...

Fast and Loud is entertaining
American Pickers is good (Sometimes I think Frank is slightly little retarded)
Chasing Classic cars ehh I will watch it
Texas car was is stupid
Street Outlaws I dont even know how that show is on TV not to mention its stupid
Counting cars is good, I think The Count is a good dude who has a passion for cars.
Wheeler Dealers belongs on PBS
Overhauling is IMO the most realistic and is a good show with a good cause

Too many new car shows popping up with the occasional V.W, seems like Chasing Classic Cars is the only show that I would trust to build a one...
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Low_Slow
S@mb@ Pl@y@

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMNCLNR wrote:
Just wait until someone tries to pull you over like the Counts Customs guys.. I already have people stopping by asking if I want to sell stuff.. People who obviously know nothing about cars and want to offer half what your asking because they saw it on TV.. I just laugh and tell them to move along...

Texas car was is stupid
Street Outlaws I dont even know how that show is on TV not to mention its stupid
Counting cars is good, I think The Count is a good dude who has a passion for cars.

Too many new car shows popping up with the occasional V.W, seems like Chasing Classic Cars is the only show that I would trust to build a one...

R@cist
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
zozo wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

regardless of where he resides he's been in Texas enough to know it's true.

Perhaps thats why I like them. Like someone in their garage flipping cars would be, except with a TV crew and some decent play money. Problems with the car, getting less of a car than you thought, fixing undisclosed damage, freaking out about what you're spending, drinking some beer to laugh it off, then finishing the car and getting more or less than you needed, and drinking a beer to celebrate or drown your sorrows... sounds pretty familiar to me

I like the show as well, for the same reasons. Texas has their redneck shops, per the stereotype, so I'd wager that all the shops in California are the same as the Pimp My Ride crew, etc, etc, etc. One shops style is exactly that.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp My Ride put a tilt bed filled with speakers on a girl's Chevy pickup instead of keeping it useful with a canopy or something! Rolling Eyes
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

richard is a business man. i know i've personally had dealings with him(on the selling end not the buying). he has a clue as to whats at least somewhat popular style wise right now. well i guess aaron has a touch of a clue and richard goes along with it. air bags--------- alot of the BUYING crowd wants that luxury. deep pocket people may want to drive a cool car but they want the creature comforts they are used to also. as much as it pains me to say this FLAKE IS COOL nowadays. i find it funny as fuck. when i was doing cars in this style 15-25 years ago people literally would laugh at them at shows. now that shit is everywhere. one of the sites i don't frequent much anymore i had a guy try to school me on the style and tell me how it was. dude got laughed completely off when he found out that i was one of the big contributors when Traditional Lowrider Magazine tried to make a run of featuring these cars before they were cool 10 or so years ago. even those people were blown away that a white boy from alabama was so emersed in the history of this style car. the current love of it is actually what helped push me back to vw's which i had put aside for 10 or so years.

but i guess what got lost in that is richard has enough sense to know what may sell decent in this market. he's also realistic about this as a business is a sometimes you win sometimes you loose you just gotta enjoy the ride...
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low_Slow wrote:
DMNCLNR wrote:

Texas car was is stupid

R@cist

YES!!! Laughing
Pl@y@ #1
doubledoor64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low_Slow wrote:
DMNCLNR wrote:

Texas car was is stupid

R@cist
Shocked playa back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: