Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brazillian Car Dealers are you ready for Business?
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksidekevin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Brazillian Car Dealers are you ready for Business? Reply with quote

Right, what I'm looking for is a company that can buy cars in Brazil and ship them abroad (UK please). Has the rights to do this and only takes a fair profit. When I see a VW in Brazil for £7000 I don't see how someone can expect £17500 for it in the UK. I realize people have wages to pay etc. The guy in Brazil still only got £7000 for his car. Shipping to the UK (container not full) is gonna be £2000 if we were really unlucky. Now bearing in mind I've got to pay VAT on the total amount for this Kombi when I register it in the UK. What do you thing is a fair price and can you help?
Kevin.
opotion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking to so this in the USA maybe we can work on this together? I have contacted one person in Mexico City claiming to be able to do this. I messaged him yesterday I will let you know when I hear from him.

Please let me know if you figure anything out.

Thanks
darksidekevin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 1974 Kombi standard through these guys in the end.

http://www.vwkombibus.com/

Very happy with it. Smile
33woodie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Brazillian Car Dealers are you ready for Business? Reply with quote

darksidekevin wrote:
Right, what I'm looking for is a company that can buy cars in Brazil and ship them abroad (UK please). Has the rights to do this and only takes a fair profit. When I see a VW in Brazil for £7000 I don't see how someone can expect £17500 for it in the UK. I realize people have wages to pay etc. The guy in Brazil still only got £7000 for his car. Shipping to the UK (container not full) is gonna be £2000 if we were really unlucky. Now bearing in mind I've got to pay VAT on the total amount for this Kombi when I register it in the UK. What do you thing is a fair price and can you help?
Kevin.

I ran into a gentleman at the VW classic a few years ago with a really neat model VW that was only produced in Brazil, (that is where he and the car lives). A lot of people we interested in buying the car from him and he said that he could not sell it as he had to pay a hefty deposit to the Brazilian government, (I think 50-100% of the car value) prior to leaving the country and was only refundable when the car returned to Brazil. He said this was because the government wants to keep their trade in the country. I don't know if this was true but it made sense because he had some very serious offers Question
'72 Porsche 911S Albert Blue/Red leather
'11 Porsche Carrera 4S Black
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: