Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1.8L Orient blue/white 74
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzz1230
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8L Orient blue/white 74 Reply with quote

I now own this fine van, bought her a couple of years ago after she was just imported to th UK.. Had her resprayed and bumps sorted.Interior good for now but bit more to do with electrics eg fit a leisure battery. Considered leaving exterior but it rains so often here in Scotland she would not have lasted long. Getting there. I may post photos soon.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1.8L Orient blue/white 74 Reply with quote

muzz1230 wrote:
I now own this fine van, bought her a couple of years ago after she was just imported to th UK.. Had her resprayed and bumps sorted.Interior good for now but bit more to do with electrics eg fit a leisure battery. Considered leaving exterior but it rains so often here in Scotland she would not have lasted long. Getting there. I may post photos soon.

Hey, nice to see another one of my old buses getting the treatment! Put some pics on here for sure. I remember being stung by quite a few yellow jackets cleaning that one out Smile

Conrad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
muzz1230
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8L Orient blue/white 74 Reply with quote

Here she is a couple of months ago in Gullane, Scotland. Despite your very significant cleaning efforts I still got mouse skeleton and nest in the heater tubes and those wasp nests behind door cards and under the luggage rack. Not sure I've got it all out yet. Luckily no sign of life at this end. I was sorry to lose the pin stripes but very pleased with the work done by my local vw restorer. He's only a couple of miles from my house and I didn't know he existed before I bought this. Stroke of luck. Engine is still running sweet 24.5 mpg when I checked.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.8L Orient blue/white 74 Reply with quote

Damn! Shocked Talk about a new lease on life! Dancing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: