Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel Treffen 2014 - July 25-27
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Kubel Treffen 2014 - July 25-27 Reply with quote

Anyone giving any thought to doing another Kubel Treffen in 2014? Was saddened not to be able to make it this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are working on plans for Branson MO. in July. Nothing final at this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ghia4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: how about Savannah Reply with quote

are they always same time of year ????

I would volunteer / help bring it to Savannah GA if everyone thought that would be a good idea ????

between the city and the beach we could have a nice time - but Man, July is HOT......

Now I love it - being from S. Fla this is nice weather up north.

But late Sept and early Oct are very nice for normal people (this does not include me)
In Sunny Savannah, GA
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rules, spring and fall can be a rain wash out for a weekend. How about more than one show? Or a drive each year? Let me know what you think.
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
We are working on plans for Branson MO. in July. Nothing final at this time.

Yee HAW!!
I was going to campaign for here in "Mizzery"... and in July it certainly will be Mizzery in Branson!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
n0limdon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missouri sounds good for us midwesterners!!
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0limdon wrote:
Missouri sounds good for us midwesterners!!

Indeed it does!

But the prospect of Branson... no. just, no.

If a geographic location of SW Mo is the goal though, allow me to make a case for Springfield.

For starters, it's not Branson.

There will be plenty of hotels at a cheaper rate, and a very nice KOA in town if that's your bag.

Traffic will be 1,000% more tolerable. The food is better, and there's plenty of entertainment districts that are not comprised of washed up miserable D-List celebrity "theaters".

There's a vibrant micro-brewery scene, which has been supportive of the ACVW community in the past.
There's not one, but TWO vintage Steak n' Shake's (one with curb service!) to have a cruise night at.
Pineapple Whip.
There's a large enthusiastic ACVW community in town.

If trails are your thing, in your Thing, then you're still well-located to access various National Forest lands and Conservation Areas.

Ha Ha Tonka state park is a nice 80-mile or so cruise away.

As for the time of year, July in Mo can be pretty awful.
Earlier in the year weather can be spotty, and June would be a tough month since there's lots of conflicting mid-west shows back-to-back.. (KC, FunFest, JuneBug, etc)

But maybe EARLY July.. hell, the 4th falls on a Friday next year, so do it then and you get a 3-day weekend of Thingy-goodness!

August and early Sept is truly miserable, so don't even think about it.

Late Sept and early Oct are magic.

Just my 2c as a life-long Mizzerian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if anyone understands what this show is . My brother ron has been helping put this show on for a few years there is NO money in it it is done because of his love for VW things. if anyone wants to have the show in your area i am sure he will send you the info that he has they will have to find places to eat places for people to stay things to do pay for awards ahead of time a lot of time ron has used his own money hoping that he will get enough people to pay hin back, using his money for mailing, his own time for getting everythig ready. Ron is 63 and i am 67 and retired Ron is still working working full time married 3 kids 5 grandkids plus the 2 of us still help people with their things plus the 8 things we own and drive. So if anyone wants to put on a thing show let him know. Thanks from the Domeck Brothers
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check Springfield out. If all this works out our host for this show is Carl and Lorie Church. I have tried events with a holiday but had less cars. Most said they had other plans. Second weekend in July has worked for years. Last year had to be a week later for the hotel in Dover.
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
I will check Springfield out. If all this works out our host for this show is Carl and Lorie Church. I have tried events with a holiday but had less cars. Most said they had other plans. Second weekend in July has worked for years. Last year had to be a week later for the hotel in Dover.

Odd. I would think the car show would be "the plan" and everything else can ... you know what.
Particularly with vacation time being so precious.. and in my case I have to choose all my vacation days for the year in the first week of January! So I take advantage of 3-day weekends where ever I can get them for car shows, scooter rallies, motorcycle events, etc.

Anyway - Try the Best Western "Rt 66 Rail Haven" on Glenstone.. they've been trying to market themselves as a car-event friendly, Rt 66 promoting location as of late. I've stayed there before too, and it's a decent place.

They're also well-situated to the Steak 'n Shakes I mentioned, if such a thing is part of the KT roundup. I've never been to one so I don't know how it operates, if it caters to the trailer queen & retired demographic or the Drive there hell or high water crowd, or what.

If there's any GROOVE members lurking in the forum, maybe they can chime in, as they've hosted the very well put-together JuneBug Jamboree in Springfield every year since the mid-90's.

Anyway, I'm in St. Louis, not Springfield, but if there's something I can do to help, just drop me a PM.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding the 2014 KTE in Missouri has got to be good for some "Show me your Thing" jokes!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Luni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

strelnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

citroen wrote:
i dont know if anyone understands what this show is . My brother ron has been helping put this show on for a few years there is NO money in it it is done because of his love for VW things. if anyone wants to have the show in your area i am sure he will send you the info that he has they will have to find places to eat places for people to stay things to do pay for awards ahead of time a lot of time ron has used his own money hoping that he will get enough people to pay hin back, using his money for mailing, his own time for getting everythig ready. Ron is 63 and i am 67 and retired Ron is still working working full time married 3 kids 5 grandkids plus the 2 of us still help people with their things plus the 8 things we own and drive. So if anyone wants to put on a thing show let him know. Thanks from the Domeck Brothers

Maybe it's time to do something in Michigan in the summer.

We have some Thing owners here and other classic VW owners would be invited, after all, we have to get more converts from SOMEWHERE, and it's easier if they already are members of the Samba collective, right?

Something to think about after I return from the celebrations across the pond next October..... 80th anniv of the launch of the Traction Avant and I am invited to the now-closed Engineering center at Ferté la Vidame where the TA was designed and tested.
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to drive again from northern California, bes time for me would be August, september. That is because i like to go to vintage meet in seattle. Maybe i will try driving with the bikini top.
Looking forward to meeting you all again.
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping there'd be an update to this...

Any status? have the dates been set? I've already had to select all my vacation for the year, so hopefully it falls on one of the random weekends I carpet-bombed for the summer

Confused
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were still on but nothing set. Have some quotes from motels in Branson but our host have not been there to check them out. Springfield still maybe.
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
Were still on but nothing set. Have some quotes from motels in Branson but our host have not been there to check them out. Springfield still maybe.

Thanks! I hope we can make no matter were it ends up!
FV195
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group gathering during the spring Carlisile import show would be fun for all
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put on week end drives with 15 cars. So any time you get two or more cars you have a good time.
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: shows Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I really enjoyed the Dover Thing show as far as the Thing people go and the Racetrack and musem they were a lot of fun.

It was rather hot (as usual in July) and for driving a air cooled THING with no AC I think I lost weight on that trip, wasnt as hot as it was in Hiawassie Ga a few shows back though.

Ron and Dennis always try to put us a nice event together and you always meet nice people in a THING for sure. my friend Kenny went with me this trip and we had an adventure about everywhere we stopped with folks talking about the THING. I think that trip rekindled his yearn for getting back on his project car (69 Olds 442). (now that would be a neat tow vehicle wouldnt it! Very Happy

That show was my first time actually driving my Thing out and back and she did fine (till I got home and ripped the top, and started mucking with the speedo but thats another story!)

But in my case, I'm not sure how much fun climbing the mountains would be getting to Missouri this year, I'd love to go, may be "sans Thing" if I do as my truck is getting a bit unpredictable for a tow vehicle anymore.

Where ever we have it I know it will be an experience for sure.

Ron/Dennis please keep us posted and Thank you for all the stuff you guys do.
Hope I can make it this year (THING or not) and see you all again soon.
Tom T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: