Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for info on Hurst/airheart disc brakes VW early
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
one thumb short
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Looking for info on Hurst/airheart disc brakes VW early Reply with quote

Hi I just purchased a Hurst/airheart disc brake set up for a VW early big 5 wide pattern wheels.The hub is marked AMS cast into it,the calipers are 175 h airheart ,not sure of rotors .They are 9inch x .250 thick with a 5 bolt pattern to bolt on the hubs with a 3.250 hole in the center.
I am looking for any info on this brake system ,the info on data sheet says 1987 for the calipers.I am looking for rebuild kits also would like to find rotors as the ones that came with it are useable but grooved or any kind of info I can find out this kit for disc brakes for the early bolt pattern.
I am planning on putting them on a Humbug can am kit car from the 70's,it is a very light car .Do you thing these are big enought for the car.1300 engine right now and am getting it running to go to local car runs.
Thanks one thumb short
mandos1965
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Hurst/airheart disc brakes VW early Reply with quote

Did u find any info I also got a set I’m wondering if I can upgrade my calipers to empi wilwood
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Hurst/airheart disc brakes VW early Reply with quote

OP hasn't been back in 8 years.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: