Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SyncroFest 4 ~ April 30-May 4, 2014
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FISHWORM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In oceanside! Anyone going up from sandiego? Help with gas and beer!
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little mishap recently. If anyone has a passenger side front door in white they are interested in selling please shoot me a PM. EDIT - no longer need one. Thanks

Last edited by outwesty on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one off of a '91 that I can bring along.
Sending a PM
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a doorfest! I'm bringing a sliding door for someone else Laughing
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are always a few folks who lay out parts all over the ground for sale. I'd empty half my garage and bring it with me if I did not already have my van completely full with the two big tents, some folding tables, signs, etc etc.

Love the swap meet!
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sold me with the swap meet! Laughing
Just registered. Can't wait for my first SyncroFest! Cool

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bringing a straight metal front bumper and hopefully I won't be taking it back with me- free to good home.
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
You sold me with the swap meet! Laughing
Just registered. Can't wait for my first SyncroFest! Cool

Can't wait for another excellent movie!
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a Westy fridge, it works, and is free to a good home, door not included, let me know if anyone wants me to bring it

I also have a Go Westy Magnum hand winch
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and an ARB209 snatch block,

used only once, not free, PM me if interested
discussed here
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343910

also available, Bushranger Xjack,

also used only once, not free, PM me if interested. Good for lighter and less lifted vehicles than my Syncro westy that weighs over 5000 pounds, with 21" ride height (fender lip to wheel center)

Also available, Sliding door track cover with SYNCRO imprint, in grey primer, PM for pricing if interested
similar to this one belonging to Syncrozilla

Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 14 days to go...

so much to do still...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After going to the grand canyon, and coming home through death valley, and nearly NOT making it out of the desert, I probably won't make it. My Van needs some serious repairs. I had the flex pipe at the turbo charger break, causing a bad enough exhaust leak that melted some engine bay wiring. I was able to patch it up with band aids (to isolate the wires from each other) and by moving some fiber glass heat shielding already on the intake around to protect the wires. Luckily the van simply went into limp mode when the power wire going to the air flow sensor grounded out on some of the other wires and blew the fuse. I tried to continue on, but at 30 MPH going up a grade in limp mode decided to pull off and see if I could figure it out and fix it. We loudly made it home from death valley this way, all the way up 395, over sonora pass that opened JUST IN TIME, and over the altimont pass and then home. Every time I had to use boost to get the van to keep a decent freeway speed up a hill I was gritting my teeth that the heat blanket would burn through and we'd be putting more band aids on the melting wires (literally band aids, like for your kids knees.) I was pretty nercous climbing out of death valley with an open turbo header roasting my engine bay in the afternoon.

Good times! Laughing The adventure begins and memories are made when stuff starts to go wrong.
regis101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. There's a movie in there somewhere
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The campground is filling up fast! I'm predicting a total turnout of around 200 vanagons (There are lots that are not on the who's coming page, like the GW crew and Stephan's group). This will be the largest vanagon gathering in north America for sure. I know it's nothing compared to the European van events but we have better wheeling action.

If your thinking about coming now is the time to sign up. We'll be closing registration this weekend so we can get some shopping done and get the registration organized.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoked for my 3rd Syncrofest! Still have last year's Saturday night beer tasting on my mind. Ready to show off the new Burley suspension install. Thanks Burl, see you there!!
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncrozilla wrote:
The campground is filling up fast! I'm predicting a total turnout of around 200 vanagons (There are lots that are not on the who's coming page, like the GW crew and Stephan's group). This will be the largest vanagon gathering in north America for sure. I know it's nothing compared to the European van events but we have better wheeling action.

If your thinking about coming now is the time to sign up. We'll be closing registration this weekend so we can get some shopping done and get the registration organized.

Been to a good number of SDM and 1 Syncrofest.... did not attend any last year but did the last SDM the year before.

Can this park handle that many vans?

I remember one year many moons ago there maybe being 100 vans or so and it seem packed.

Where the heck are all these vans camping??? Truckers Hill. Laughing

Just curious...

I had been considering going but business this week kept me waffling on going as not 100% sure I will be able to next week.

Must admit though... I was a tad scared seeing 160 vans but now 200? I know it is probably tons of fun still but I never attended any SDM that had 200 vans so wonder how this many vans get along.

TJ

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're friendly folk. Just don't drive your ford ranger over the go-westy ramps when no one is looking and fall off.
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all get along very well! Folks come to share a common interest and have a good time. I don't want to pat myself on the back too much but I think we have done a pretty good job of putting on a well rounded event. Last year we had the same numbers and the campground was pretty quiet for the most part after midnight. I never heard any complaints about noise etc. I think the event is also very inviting for children and spouses with lesser vanagon enthusiasm.

This year were getting more portapotties and twice as many hand washing stations as last year. The only thing we really can not improve upon is the showers. But let's face it, we are all vanagon owners and isn't the whole idea of a vanagon to be able to go camping out in the wilderness somewhere for three or four days (unless your Bent)?

There are much larger events that use theses facilities. I believe the limit is 1500 people (I may be wrong about that). I was told there is an event held there where they bring in 40 yard drop boxes for the trash and have 400+ jeeps, rock buggies etc. I bet that's crazy.

It's super easy to put on an event for vanagon owners. Everyone picks up after themselves without even being asked and there are very few issues. This year the park stopped charging us a security deposit because we have never broken anything and always left the campground cleaner than when we got there.

I do hope no one decides to go crazy and destroy a portapottie because I have declined the additional insurance offered incase they get destroyed Very Happy

If you want a fun weekend of hanging out with other vanagon owners then come on out. If you want total solitude then head to the sierras, Death Valley etc.
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any schedule for activities posted someplace?

Sounds like if 400 jeeps claim that campground, then 200 Vanagons should be good then. I did not realize there was that much camp space.

Guess my mind has forgot past shows.

Time to attend another one soon.

TJ

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whynotvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuleinc wrote:
We're friendly folk. Just don't drive your ford ranger over the go-westy ramps when no one is looking and fall off.

LOL, I was there...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seth

Did you get my pack of goodies?

We will be there with a 2WD Westfalia that runs very well but does not look so good....would there be a "paint your Westfalia" workshop?

Smile

We unfortunately did not have the chance to do the Syncro conversion in time - other priorities took over, namely an awesome trip down to Coachella...but at least we'll be there!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: