Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Resto is?
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laziz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: What Resto is? Reply with quote

Hi there, people! I'm curious about the modern Resto-style? As far as this style becomes stronger in my country - Russia, I would like to make a write-up for people who don't have much knowledge about car styles.
The problem is that while looking for description of Resto - style in English (as far as there's no info on it in Russian) I have found nothing. Most info is about Resto-cal, but it's not actually what I'm looking for.
Here is the situation we have in the country - We have VAZ classic cars:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and now people buy it, restore it and then fill it with different mods - style, suspension and so on. Is this what we can call a Resto style?
So, thus, Resto means - well-restored classic car with different cool aftermarket modifications? Am I right?
Waiting for your help to make a definition! Surprised

54 Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Resto Reply with quote

Hi Laziz, I will give you my answer. Some others will add their answer too I hope. Resto is a shortened word for Restore. Restore means to make like it was when it was new, again. By itself when someone says I'm doing a Resto on an old car, they will fix it so close it's like new again. Mod is a short word for modify or change. I'm doing a Mod on an old car and fix it up nice. If they say I'm doing a Resto Mod, then they mean its a mix of both, fix the main parts like new, but when there are wheels they like more than the first new one, they modify (change) and put on special wheels they like. Maybe they also want the engine to be faster or more powerful, so they modify it and add a turbocharger or even larger engine. Sometimes people say Custom which is similar to Resto Mod. I hope that gives you some more understanding of it. A picture is worth 1000 words, so here I'll try to show you. Both cars start as old cars, maybe not able to drive any more, the first car restored like the day Volkswagen sold it new.

second car restored and modified, different wheels, car is lowered closer to the ground, front wheels are made narrower inside fender, roof rack has chrome, a special custom made radio antennae. I hope that helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: