Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New CB 043 heads available 2014!
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: New CB 043 heads available 2014! Reply with quote

OK, since Pat spilled the beans many have had their interests peaked. I have called and emailed to find out some info on the new heads and have either been ignored or been basically hung up on.

It seems others have had the same treatment from customer service.

Superman74 wrote:
Yeah, I called to ask CB about their panchitos and some shop work when I happened to mention that the word was out on their new heads… might as well have slammed my foot in the door.

Since customer service has no information and doesnt know how to answer the inquiries, is there ANY info or press release that could be shared for those of us getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of heads? I personally would rather wait a bit to buy good quality heads from a trusted source than to roll the dice on china parts.

Out of all the vendors out there CB has been the best at sharing info on the heads they sell. I asked for specific data and I got it with no attitude or vague/cryptic answers (except for info on the new heads) .

I find it frustrating when a vendor sells a "performance head" and wont provide technical data on it.

Please let us know as it would be great to have more options and a possible option for pre sale before actual release.

Edits: Title change

Last edited by AlteWagen on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not going to know anything until CB is ready to talk. If they basically hung up on you take that as a hint they ain't talking. Somewhere I heard "late 2014".
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Pat D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably referring to our new Strip Dominator head, but this is a race only casting. Many changes have been made to this casting within the last year that have not been advertised as of yet. I have never mentioned any other head being made in the USA.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is there a new head coming out regaurdless of where it is made?? whats it for??it would be nice to know something befor we(everybody or one of us or 10 of us, are in the market for some heads, so we dont jump before we know& end up with something, just to be dissapointed when the new head comes out and we have less that we wanted) street,street strip,whatever.
pow_rider17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^This is the constant game played. IF they are coming out with something new, they aren't going to give you the heads up in hopes that you buy out their old stock instead of waiting for the new.

I have quit trying to have the most up-to-date, new fangled, cog or widget, it gets exhausting and expensive.
Superman74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I am not trying to live on the bleeding edge of Vw. I ended up with Steve tim's. Took a decent head and worked it over in every fashion till pound for pound I couldn't find a better option. Too bad though I really like CB parts and heads would have been nice.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat D wrote:
You are probably referring to our new Strip Dominator head, but this is a race only casting. Many changes have been made to this casting within the last year that have not been advertised as of yet. I have never mentioned any other head being made in the USA.

Sorry, my mistake on the USA thing

Pat D wrote:
CB will have a replacement head for the 043 Los Panchito in late 2014, it won't be from China

So where is this head coming from, Brazil? OEM head manufacturer would be GREAT!!

Im not a big fan of bleeding edge either as the hype tends to keep the price high and there are usually wrinkles that need ironing out. If Im going to spend a big chunk of change which I dont have much of to begin with, I would rather have the most quality options available. Take the 049 for example, not even a year later and the foundry is selling directly at a huge discount.

It would be great if the OEM foundry (autolinea) started to make a replacement 043. It kind of makes sense since they did the same with the 040 (G01) and the 041 (G03). The fact that CB already has a relationship with them would make it easier to make improvements as they did with the 044 (G04).

12mm or 14mm 3/4 plug
Heart chamber with no step

With SS valves, 3 angle valve job, high rev springs and you have an OEM L3. Add the CNC port/chamber work and you will have the perfect street head.

Last edited by AlteWagen on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
Pat D wrote:

Pat D wrote:
CB will have a replacement head for the 043 Los Panchito in late 2014, it won't be from China

So where is this head coming from, Brazil? OEM head manufacturer would be GREAT!!
That statement was a little premature. We have been discussing making a replacement head for the 043 but nothing is confirmed. Designing a new head takes considerable time and expense. I'm not saying we are not going to do it, I'm just saying I do not know when. The economy has allot to do with it also.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks pat that helps,Ill buy the superflows I had my eye on kinda cheep so I can rework them &have something for my 2387 or biger in my 356,these will be the 4th major used part Ive bought for my vw stuff in 12 years,hope it dosent bite me,but I can fix just about any thing. Sofar just one set of heads got me good. Wish I could afford some autocrafts or comp elimns.(something along those lines)unmachined bare castings would be oh so sweet.dominators are just a dream. But now that Im on a budget it is what it is. Redrilling some of my CNC dart heads&wacking them in half has crossed my mind......short trip.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this pic in the classifieds and it got me thinking

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ive seen G01 (040), G02 (040 big valve), G03 (041) and G04 (044), what is the autolinea 043 casting designated as?

Is Autolinea still making heads? I havent seen any new production for sale for quite some time.

I think if they are still available the 2014 Panchito would be great based on this 043 casting as well as being able to bring back the Bandito so you could compete with all the other non ported big valve heads on the market but offering a non china production part.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat D wrote:
AlteWagen wrote:
Pat D wrote:

Pat D wrote:

That statement was a little premature. We have been discussing making a replacement head for the 043 but nothing is confirmed. Designing a new head takes considerable time and expense. I'm not saying we are not going to do it, I'm just saying I do not know when. The economy has allot to do with it also.

Oh come on Pat, just make a few phone calls, send a couple e-mails, write a couple checks and it should be done in what, 2-3 weeks? Wink

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on lotto ###'s I wanna make my own heads soon....how hard could it be.....change this angle, change that angle, lower this, raise that, rotate this, rotate that,.......fin this fin that,more meat hear more meat there,hear a stud, there a stud, even some extra studs.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats kind of my point, instead of making an all new head why not use the autolinea 043 clone and be done with it.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its late 2014 and I just saw CBs latest dyno video on YT which shows a panchito head being used on the build with their new cam.

Link

Has the new panchito come out yet?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: