Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

buyers advise looking at a 914
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajafreaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: buyers advise looking at a 914 Reply with quote

I'm looking at purchasing a 74 914 for my next project/restoration I've been restoring vw's for years and always liked the 914's and thought I might take it up a notch or two smile.gif . I'm looking at a car that's in my town its a 74 the good is the car has zero rust (battery tray and hell hole are perfect). The body is okay but would need to be gone over completely all the door and trunk reveals look good, its missing a few misc. trim pieces etc. door handles emblems, the interior is not too bad at all dash is cracked like most. The bad would be its not the original engine its out of a bus unfortunately, not sure about the trans. the previous owner added a 75 style front bumper so the front trunk sheet metal has been cut in order to bolt in the bumper which I would definitely return to stock. its missing the rocker panels, and muffler. It has been repainted a non og. color the top is in good shape. It comes with a box of misc. extra parts including the fuel injection although I'm not sure its complete. The car appears to have good "bones" but needs to be completely gone thru, it looks like there is no front or rear end damage from any past accidents, it hasn't ran in aprox. 6 years.
I can buy the car for $1500.00. Thanks for any input, Steve
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
65ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also purchased a 914. I especially like that they were built by karmann. Anyways you should join www.914world.com they will answer. Pics would be helpful. You also may consider looking for a running 914 for 3-4k since it may save you a lot of time. Also my car has carbs , actually I prefer. Less troubleshooting. I don't want to get stranded on the side of the road.
1975 porsche 914 2 liter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajafreaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it !!! just brought it home this afternoon.
I got me a newwwwww project.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dunebubby
Samba Thread Killer

Location: In my den,throwing darts at a picture of my ex-boss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajafreaks wrote:
I bought it !!! just brought it home this afternoon.
I got me a newwwwww project.

pix or it didn't happen....
bajafreaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here's a couple of pics, the interior cleaned up pretty good.
VWCOOL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
I love 914s.. they are rare in Australia as they were not sold here but owning one is on my bucket list

Last edited by VWCOOL on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good steal!!! I'm jealous. I rolled up to a guy yesterday on my way to work when I was splitting traffic, it was a pretty blue color not baby blue but a little darker, it was really clean. I've always wanted one since I was in high school
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one back in the '80s, all I have left is this picture. I had a SunBug at the same time, it was always hard to decide which one drive on a sunny day.

Nice looking ride, please enjoy to the fullest.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: