Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rabbit with an AAZ rewiring
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
STGS4LF87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Rabbit with an AAZ rewiring Reply with quote

I have a 1980 Rabbit that had a engine swap from the 1.5D to the 1.9TD(AAZ). I have been having some electrical gremlins lately, so to try and solve one problem i got new batteries(didn't work) then a new alternator bosch AL0184X. but with no resolve to that problem the alternator is not charging the batteries.
The wiring in the car leaves everything to be desired (the harness has been chopped up everywhere). So i would like to put a new wiring harness in the car to fix all of the loose wires and problems i have. what would be a good harness to go with? The one i found that i am leaning toward is the custom volkswagen wiring kit from watsons street works.
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really aren't that difficult. My 81 Caddy (with modified AAZ) is getting the wiring update this winter. I Just took the whole harness apart, replaced what was bad, resoldered and heat-shrink wrapped all joints and installed new loom. Only took a couple of days of tinkering. The biggest problem on these trucks is grounds. Clean them ALL.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: