Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Amazonas Motorcycle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Show Time Reply with quote

I took the Amazonas to the Solvang Veteranentreffen held by the Golden gate Chapter VVCA in late Sept.. Had a lot of fun. Answered a million questions. Like, Does it run (yes)? Did you ride it here (yes)? Did I make it (no)? Made in Brazil, Huh, What, Where did you say??? Got asked to start it up a bunch of times. Even took 2nd place in their Special Interest Class. GO FIGURE? Didn't expect that! VW people are engaging and make for fun times!

I am taking the Bike to the SLO Classic Motorcycle Show and Rally this Saturday Oct 11th. We will see how the Motorcycle crowd views a VW powered Motorcycle in and amongst their treasured rides.

Craig Vetter and Virgil Elings will be their. If your a motorcycle nut you know those names.

If you are in or near the San Luis Obispo, CA. area ? Come over and say Hi to me.
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the SLO Vintage Motorcycle show this weekend. All the guys with a VW in their past or current life were amazed they ever produced a bike like this. Actually had maybe 3 or 4 get rather excited to actually see one in person and have known of these bikes from Brazil but never have seen let along put their hands on one.

The show brought out some extremely nice vintage bikes. Craig Vetter brought out some way cool stream liner bikes. Grand Marshall of the event Virgil Elings brought out a NSU race bike that was AMAZING from his Solvang Museum.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: