Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manx On The Banx, Oct. 13 - 18, 2014
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1madmanx wrote:
manxvair wrote:
Our flights have been booked, reservation made for a buggy from Island Cruisers, just counting down the days!

Mike, you did see my email on the lodging correct?

Can't wait to see you guys again - and may rub in the fact that you are flying instead of driving Twisted Evil

Bud

I think you may be picking an unfair fight Bud, considering one party HAS a long haul pin, and one party DOES NOT. Cool

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manxvair wrote:
Our flights have been booked, reservation made for a buggy from Island Cruisers, just counting down the days!

Im starting to get jealous... Laughing

If it was one week later, I could swing it. Oh well...next year, for sure!

Have a safe trip and dont let the "locals" give you crap about flying in! Laughing

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious....where to stay..?
Probably will have to wait unitl next year.... but would like a heads up.

I see the Travelodge is the "host" hotel.. is it used by the majority?

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

My estimate is about 50/50.

Houses for weekly rental dramatically drop in price at this time of year. Get a couple family's or buddy's and split the house and it gets really cheap.

But, if you can only make it a few days, the Travelodge is really nice.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who ya gotta see and ask bout a house... and some buddy's.... Laughing

Still contiplating this year.. but saving up for the 5th year for sure.. ......

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are few realty companies that manage rental houses on the OBX. I have used Village Realty and Sun Realty with good success. This year, Village will be getting our business, they just have the house we want.

http://www.sunrealtync.com/

http://www.villagerealtyobx.com/

For buddies, just have to make some.

1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

My estimate is about 50/50.

But, if you can only make it a few days, the Travelodge is really nice.

The Travelodge has been our host hotel for the last three years. They are very accommodating and friendly (especially one of the managers Wink ). Last year it seemed that all the "after parties" were held in the parking lot of the Travelodge.

As Joe indicated there are beach house rentals (off season rates) and there is also camping for those that have RVs or even want to tent camp. The camping information is on the website.

If you are in driving distance to the event, come! Even if you don't have a buggy ready, there are usually a number of empty co-pilot seats available. Additionally, you will meet people there that could become future beach house rental buddies Laughing

This is the 50th anniversary of the Meyers Manx. Bruce and Winnie will be there to help us close out the anniversary year with a bang.

Keep an eye on the website, especially the calendar of events, over the next few weeks. Vince and I are starting to firm up the schedule and will be posting soon. Event registration will open up in a couple of weeks. If you decide to do mail-in registration (closes Sept 30th) you will get a discount on the registration fee.

The MOTB is a Manx Club sponsored event and club membership is required to attend. If you aren't a club member you can join at www.manxclub.com or in-person at the event.

If anyone has specific questions about the event you can post publicly here or contact me (Bud) or Vince through the website (www.manxonthebanx.com).

Can't wait to see everyone again in October.
Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
https://manxclub.com/forum/app.php/gallery/album/44
manxvair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Bud, I have seen the lodging e-mail, we're all good. Yes it is weak of me to fly this time, (C2C 3300 miles, Baja 2500 miles) I guess I will have to try harder on Shuffle to Buffalo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are in driving distance to the event, come! Even if you don't have a buggy ready, there are usually a number of empty co-pilot seats available. Additionally, you will meet people there that could become future beach house rental buddies Laughing

I may be one of those open seaters at the event. The timing is looking bad for Darlene at work this year. Plus, it will be a shortened week for me too, I have to work on the Monday of that week.

I will be leaving the Charleston WV area early Tuesday morning, 8-14-14 for afternoon arrival at Nags Head. If you are coming through Central WV to Richmond VA, Norfolk VA then South and want to caravan, let me know.

joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

House reservations made.

69 days to the start of the event.

This is the first year for me to have a running buggy this far out. I think I will start rebuilding my engine on the Saturday before the event just so I feel normal.

1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
House reservations made.

69 days to the start of the event.

I think I will start rebuilding my engine on the Saturday before the event just so I feel normal.

Joe, don't do that. I'll have "something" for you to work on just before you leave Wink
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We rented a house in Kill Devil Hills for this year. My old Army buddy Tom Grither who did the C2C and met us on the ECVW trip in St. Louis will be staying with us. He is now a club member. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I"m doing a house this year or not, I won't be arriving until Wednesday afternoon so it would only be 4 nights.
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update: I'm in the OBX this weekend for Vince and my annual pre-event planning. Just a little hint: we are stealing a page from the Big Bear play book and changing the geocaching hunt to a combo poker run, scavenger hunt, and (not to exclude our geocachers) an option to use geo coordinates to find "stuff".

I'll be updating the calendar of events on the www.manxonthebanx.com website later this week and plan to open registration by the weekend. Check the website for updates/specifics.

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

Nice work Bud and Vince, the calander of events is now posted up on the MOTB website. Looks like Darlene and I will make it in time for Tuesday evening dinner.

RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="1madmanx"]Quick update: I'm in the OBX this weekend for Vince and my annual pre-event planning. Just a little hint: we are stealing a page from the Big Bear play book and changing the geocaching hunt to a combo poker run, scavenger hunt, and (not to exclude our geocachers) an option to use geo coordinates to find "stuff".

I'll be updating the calendar of events on the www.manxonthebanx.com website later this week and plan to open registration by the weekend. Check the website for updates/specifics.

Bud[quote]

Oh man....don't let Kimberly know! She was focused on winning that event at Big Bear! (I was just the driver)

I know many went on the great offroad adventures, but the Trivia contest/poker run was a lot of fun and we learned and saw many things we never would have if we had not participated. But the best part was meeting our new friends Scott and Emily Jones (I'm still running the stick on rear view mirror he gave me!) We had such a great time with Scott and his son. I highly recommend this outing and encourage you all to run with some members you may not know. We did and had a great time (and came in second). Maybe, to make it more interesting, have everyone put the name of the buggy crew in a paper and draw the three buggy teams at random? Just an idea to get people mingling more.

Now I really wanna go to MOTB! Thanks, Bud!!

wvbowtieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RedBaronofRedBud"][quote="1madmanx"]Quick update: I'm in the OBX this weekend for Vince and my annual pre-event planning. Just a little hint: we are stealing a page from the Big Bear play book and changing the geocaching hunt to a combo poker run, scavenger hunt, and (not to exclude our geocachers) an option to use geo coordinates to find "stuff".

Bud
Quote:

Oh man....don't let Kimberly know! She was focused on winning that event at Big Bear! (I was just the driver)

I know many went on the great offroad adventures, but the Trivia contest/poker run was a lot of fun and we learned and saw many things we never would have if we had not participated. But the best part was meeting our new friends Scott and Emily Jones (I'm still running the stick on rear view mirror he gave me!) We had such a great time with Scott and his son. I highly recommend this outing and encourage you all to run with some members you may not know. We did and had a great time (and came in second). Maybe, to make it more interesting, have everyone put the name of the buggy crew in a paper and draw the three buggy teams at random? Just an idea to get people mingling more.

Now I really wanna go to MOTB! Thanks, Bud!!

Come on Tim.....MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB!!! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wvbowtiemanCome on Tim.....MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB MOTB!!! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil[/quote]

Sure...who needs a job when there is a beach to ride Kermit upon calling?? Laughing

1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Registration Is Now Open Reply with quote

Registration is now open for the 2014 Manx On The Banx (MOTB). All the information regarding the discounted mail-in registration period, event shirts, calendar of events, discounted lodging, camping, and much more is available on the event website: www.manxonthebanx.com

We hope to see you on the Banks in October
Razz

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out in today's mail!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: