Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Electrical Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwsman69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Electrical Woes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Question to best fix, I can jump the solenoid out and it will work great. But if I use the key, it will only clicks. What do I need to do? Low voltage relay, Ford solenoid, or rewire "yuck Crying or Very sad " Somebody please help!
german_metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the H E double toothpicks are you talking about??????

Could you explain this a little more??!?!
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C heck the battery connections and the ground to the chasis and the tranny ground strap for loose or corroded areas... clean with ire brush/sandpaper.

could be a weak aging starter/ solenoid or the starter bushing could be worn causes this too.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been told in the past that a Ford coil is a sure fire way to fix the weak starting blues.
MGKrebbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem with my autostick bug starter. I would turn the key, hear a click, (the solenoid popping out to engage the flywheel), but the starter -no go. It was due to carbon on the contacts inside the solenoid. I took it apart and cleaned with a dremel tool, works great now. I searched the forums and found a link to a guy that details the procedure pretty well. (he's the same guy who sells bus water sprinkler art things). You pretty much just need a soldering iron. I'll post the link if I can find it again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: