Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tri-State Buses - May 2-4, 2014 - Montague, NJ 07827
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Routan Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Tri-State Buses - May 2-4, 2014 - Montague, NJ 07827 Reply with quote

Start off the camping season with your fellow VW bus owners in beautiful upstate New Jersey!

The campground is located in Montague, NJ just 10 minutes away from both New York and Pennsylvania States.

$30 a night per bus with 2 Adults; $20 a night per bus with a single adult .

We have a Rally field with 32 hookups with water, electric, and cable for each bus. Electric hookup uses the older large RV style 115 volt plug. The campground does not provide the adapter. They are available at Walmart and other places. Please bring one for yourself!

NO Reservations needed, but i woul dlike to know if your coming please! Payments are also made to me and not the campground. However, YOU DO NEED TO stop into the office on your way in and tell them your with the VW group in the Rally Field. They will give you a pass for the field.

Check in is usually on Friday at 3:00 pm, checkout on Sunday is 12:00 pm. Earlier check in is possible. Please let me know so I can inform them as there may not be someone there.

All guests must register in the office for their safety as well as others. Guests will receive a car pass which must be displayed on their vehicle at all times.

Bathroom facilities with FREE hot showers next to office near main entrance.

We will be having the Potluck International Dinner again since it went off so very well. Everyone participating in the potluck should make a dish from their ethnic or cultural background. Being polish I may provide Kielbasi and Sauerkraut (to be determined) for example. We'll start a list of who's bringing what closer to the campout.

Pets are allowed. The campground has strict rules about pets WHICH I WILL ENFORCE.
* All pets must be kept on a leash at all times and under control.
* No barking or annoying other campers.
* Do not leave pets outside your unit when away from the site.
MOST IMPORTANT !!
* Clean up after your pet and dispose of their waste properly. It is not fun to walk around trying to enjoy the campout and step in doo, especially if it's not your responsibility!

Rockview Valley Campground offers:

4 four miles away from access to the Delaware River. Close access for Kayaker's. Kayakers must wear emergency vests and Rangers are serious about it.

There is also a Mongaup Release on Sunday the 4th. It is about an hour north of the campground in NY state north of Port Jervis. Here is info: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/1349/

10 minutes away from both New York and Pennsylvania States.

Private Hiking Trail with a "Rockview" - Trilobite Ridge - Must see!

There is a recreation/game room, with video games, a pool table, a ping-pong table, a poker table, cable TV, juke-box, toys for the young ones, and tables to play board games (available for sign out in office). Next to the office on the way in.

A wide variety of activities in the surrounding area minutes away! see http://www.rockviewvalley.com/areaattractions.htm for places to visit!

We will again have crafts for the kids, Door Prizes, and much more!!

Rules:

Quiet time is from 11:00pm until 8:00am.

All guests must register in the office for their safety as well as others. Guests will receive a car pass which must be displayed on their vehicle at all times.

All pets must be kept on a leash at all times and under control. No barking or annoying other campers. Do not leave pets outside your unit when away from the site. Clean up after your pet and dispose of their waste properly.

Speed limit is 5 MPH or less - (Licensed Drivers Only). All humans, especially our children have the right of way. Speed limit will be enforced for everyone's safety. Anyone not abiding will be asked to leave their vehicle in the parking lot by the office and walk to their site.

Rockview Valley Campground
59 River Road
Montague, NJ 07827
(973) 293-3383
http://www.rockviewvalley.com/
Email: [email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/rockviewvalley.campground?fref=ts

Event pages:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/599467920129567/
TheSamba - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=588302
Full Moon Bus Club

If your looking forward to seeing my bus which I didn't finish last year, keep looking, it's not done yet and won't be there.

You can contact me here, or on Facebook, or at [email protected], or on the Full Moon Bus Club website.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Dave

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Routan Dave on Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Routan Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Tri-State Buses - May 2-4, 2014 - Electrical Hookup Reply with quote

Electric hookup uses the older large RV style 115 volt plug. The campground does not provide the adapter. They are available at Walmart and other places. Please bring one for yourself!

[/img]

Routan Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Tri-State Buses - May 2-4, 2014 - T-Shirts Reply with quote

Shirt update - I supplied my concept to the artist and he's working on it. When it's done it'll go to the printer for printing. They will be preorders only, and I'll have very few for purchase later. I can't guarantee I'll have them at the campout. If not, I will deliver or ship them as needed.

Thank you for your patience.

David
Routan Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Tri-State Buses - May 2-4, 2014 - T-Shirts and other things Reply with quote

Here's an update about things for this weekend. The weather seems to be improving and we should be good for this weekend.

Even if it rains more we've all experienced rain and camping and we'll make the best of it have lots of fun!

I've had difficulty in the last few months and I was not able to get some of the things going for this campout as I should have, such as the t-shirts. As soon as the design is finished I will post it with information about ordering the shirts. I will get them to you as soon as I can either buy delivery or at campouts or mail and such.

Also because of issues this year we do not have door prizes. I will have them next year I promise.

We will be having the crafts for the kids on Saturday afternoon.

The campground and the neighboring area still has the many different recreational activities as in previous years.

For the kayakers, the mongaup release is happening that weekend, you can see you the event information regarding the release.
Due to the rain this week we should be able to have fires unlike the possibility of last year, and I will be be providing lots of wood, so no need to bring wood!

Don't forget the cultural potluck Saturday evening. Well try to begin eating at 6pm.

See you all there!

Dave
Routan Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Tri-State Buses - May 2 to 4, 2014 - Montague, NJ Reply with quote

We want to thank all who were able to come out and camp with us! It was a great time! We missed thos who were not able too attend and look forward to seeing you during the year!

Thank you!

A video by uprightbassghost - http://youtu.be/lUO1CXljEVU

David & Kim
[/youtube]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: