Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2015
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Here is the link to the stuff you can get now: http://atomwerk.org/on_the_shelf.html

Why do you list two different torsion bar lengths for your IRS spring plates?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Here is the link to the stuff you can get now: http://atomwerk.org/on_the_shelf.html

Why do you list two different torsion bar lengths for your IRS spring plates?

VW Thing has IRS with 24 11/16" length torsion bars.

Type 1 IRS has 26 9/16" length torsion bars.

We are just covering all models.
coopster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: What's happening with my order??? Reply with quote

Charles /Jenn
I've sent numerous emails and left a few voicemails can someone get back to me with regards to my order .
Email comms was good up until I paid for my spring plates then no delivery and now no response to emails or calls???

Chris Cooper
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: atomwerk engineering dissatisfaction Reply with quote

I purchased and paid for IN FULL approximately $4000 in parts from ATOMWERKs. I received a box with two shocks in it quickly. No other parts have arrived. I have been reaching out and was told about a financial matter with credit cards or something. An earlier call they said my powder coat was in. A week or so later, I was told it was still coming. Then I was told that the new oven was not set up. (I will give ATOMWERK some flexibility on the order of my facts as I really do not want to get into an argument of which thing I was told when, I just want my parts and want them to work as promised to make my phone dials work under stock steel fenders on my 55 ragtop)

I don't have anything to go on. What would you guys do?

todays date-9/30/15 NO OTHER PARTS. LAST EMAIL sent by me (September 28th 10:23 am) , NO REPLY.

This cannot be argued against, these are facts.

I wait and will remove this post should things change. This is very close to 12 weeks and counting.

Charles was great on the front side. He has been easy to reach, he solved my issues (assuming I get my parts). I want this to be a good ending showcasing these products. I do not think anyone can say I have not been patient.
BmxBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this retailer sucks ass!!! I don't care how bad ass their stuff iso the lack of respect for their customers is clear enough. I ordered some control arms with new ball joints and boy is the quality shit. Took over 3 months too.
fly. GTI.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...bad ass parts that never get to the buyers...aren't so badass.

I ordered drop plates in August "off the shelf". 2 months and a paypal dispute later, I got my money back, and finally get to order parts from a company that can deliver.

If you're thinking of buying from Atomwerks, don't waste your time...or money. They are a joke.
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Atomwerks Dissatisfaction Reply with quote

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM ATOMWERKS!!!!

You better pay with a credit card or you may be screwed.

Paid for the parts the first part of July 2015. It is now November 6th 2015!
getting close to 17 weeks!!!!!

I now am filing for full refund from my credit card. Terrible communication, a million excuses, same excuses used on different customers.

Not returning my calls or emails.

Plain and simple, customer pays, does not get parts, equals fraud.
JDocherty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered Spring plates about 5-6 weeks back, great communication until I paid in full. Then total silence. Still waiting for email or phone response on order.

I have faith, but loosing a little each day he doesn't respond.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Frank Monroe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I would like to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth. I have a 62 ragtop and I put on wide tires on the rear. I had another pair of adjustable plates that came with the car. The problem was the adjuster block dug into the side of the tire. I called Atomwerks and they told me that their adjustment arm was longer and therefore would be inside the wheel area. This would allow for wider tire without interference.

I ordered spring plates on 9/8/15. It took longer than the 4 weeks discussed when ordering the plates. I finally received them on 11/12/15. Parts arrived in good shape. They fit correctly and installed easily. The car now rolls freely. I think this is a quality part, unlike a lot of the parts made overseas. It looks good, fits good, and I think it is designed well. My only disappointment was the time to deliver and the communication throughout the process.

If asked about Atomwerks, my humble opinion is they make good stuff, just takes time to get it.
Pooks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

narrowed beam, racing adjustable plates, all the bits to go with them ordered and payed for on the 13th May.

I have received one email from Charles on the 25th July thanking me for my patience due to them having issues with their CNC machine but they were back on track and offered a discount on the next future order and telling me to call or email if I have any further issues or questions.

I then emailed for an update on the 28th of September with no reply.
I emailed again on the 12th October with no reply.

On the 21st October I sent another email complaining that I have had no replies, Jennifer replied on the 22nd apologising for not me not having any replies previously and said she would be in the office later that day and would get me an eta... guess what no email came.

I emailed again on the 1st November asking for an update again but no reply.

My last email was on the 10th November complaining of this further failure to contact me and either asking for an eta or my money back ... so far no reply.

I really wanted to support what I saw as great products and I am prepared to wait a reasonable amount of time for them but the failure to stay in contact during this time is really frustrating and a basic failure of customer support hence my posting here.

I am concerned that the response to people that have taken action to get their money back outside atomwerk is that they should have contacted the company first when it is obvious that it is very hard to get a response at all let alone one that provides any real information.

Charles/Jennifer if you do read this post please do reply to my emails and work with me to get my order or at least some resolution. I am not a rich man and the money I have trusted with you is a significant investment for me in supporting your products.

Thanks

Marcos Alonso
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Well, I have had to end the rat race. I have started a dispute with my credit card company as my past 3 un answered emails have left me with no choice.

Let me give you all some perspective.
I was put on the expedited list because of my brother who has terminal cancer. The reason being is that this was the last project my brother wanted to complete before dying. My brother is the VW guru not me. He houses all the necessary knowledge to rebuild my car, without these parts, I cannot proceed with a rolling chassis or any further restoration.

Charles seemed touched by the situation and wanted this to work for me. IT HAS NOT WORKED FOR ME AT ALL.

149 DAYS AGO I WAS CHARGED $4,139.28

I received 4 shocks on about july 15th from shockwarehouse.com THAT IS IT. THAT IS ALL I HAVE.

SO I ASK YOU, IF MY DYING BROTHER GETS ME EXPEDITED PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING AND AFTER DAY 149 I HAVE FOUR SHOCKS FROM SHOCKWAREHOUSE.COM,...... DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU WILL GET YOUR PARTS??????????

We have around 39 emails trying to get what I paid for. How do you think you will fare in doing business with them?

SO, my Brother is in his FINAL month of LIFE. We did Thanksgiving two weeks ago so he would have the energy to participate. CHARLES KNOWS THIS and he did not pull through. I Will forever have the memory with this car of how ATOMWERKS ENGINEERING SCREWED ME OUT OF MY BROTHERS DYING WISH.

IF I EVER GET THE CAR FINISHED, THAT WILL BE ONE GREAT MEMORY COURTESY OF ATOMWERKS. HOW THEY SCREWED ME OUT OF A LOVING MEMORY and treasured talents of my brothers touch, AND SHOVED THEIR HORSE SHIT BUSINESS PRACTICE AT ME TO HIS GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

The events that have transpired between us and SOME of our customers, in particular the complaints leading up to this reply, we have had some unfortunate, yet perhaps inevitable changes that must be made within our company and the way we must conduct business with the public (if at all):

1. We are unfortunately no longer able to answer the phone on a consistent basis and therefore we must announce that all further sales are recommended to be conducted via email. If you are looking to purchase directly from us then you should:
a) Contact one of our vendors,
b) Email us, or
c) Call us and leave a message.

2. If you have purchased a product from us and are looking for an estimated time of arrival then you should:
a) Email, or
b) Call and leave a message.

3. If you want to buy a product directly from us and it is already manufactured and available to ship then we would be happy to take your credit card and send it right away.

5. If you want us to start a crazy nice suspension that is going to turn all or your friend's heads and get you faster to the finish line, however it is not yet available from us (in other words, you want us to build you a custom suspension) then we are going to have to:
a) Sign a contract,
b) Make a deposit of 1/2 down,
c) Your payment will have to be either cash, check, money order, or cashier's check. No exceptions.

6. If you want technical support, or want to better understand your VW's suspension the your are unfortunately going to have to:
a) Email us and await for a reply, or
b) Find it on our website. We no longer have the capacity to spend our energy in this area (as much as we honestly wanted to).

7. If you have questions about a direct purchase from us, then all communications need to be exclusively between Atomwerk Engineering and you (not our retailers).

We have reached a threshold in our business that the customer inquiries have exceeded our capacity to respond on a one to one basis. We are still a very small team here and we are working full time in the shop. In the midst of this there have been some very unexpected changes and we found ourselves with a broken down lathe machine, sand blasting, and powder coating operation. Consequently we have had to do some major scrambling around here and rebuilding. The good news is that all operations are resuming this week.

However, the recent chatter about chargebacks has an unfortunate negative effect on us and, by extension, the VW community. Not only does it stifle a growing company who is still in its infancy, but it also makes future customer relations more difficult. Bottom line is that is makes things more difficult for everyone else.

We want to extend many thanks to our patient customers who have remained loyal with us through these unfortunate times. If you are one of these customers we want to assure you that we are working as hard and as fast as we can to get your order to you. You can let us know if you have any more questions, but please understand if we do not respond immediately.

This is the point where I would like to redirect upcoming customers to our retailers, namely Mid America Motorworks in the US, Limebug in the UK, and shortly to follow a vendor in Australia. They are here because they are about customer service, whereas we are about improving suspension technology, bringing forth quality, and most importantly giving pure VW performance to the road without changing what gives your VW its essence; its originality.

Regards.
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

Nice Try Charles. Give politics a try. You are not a businessman. In business you produce results. In politics you give blowhard non answers. You have mastered non answers.

FUTURE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OF ATOMWERKS,.... Ever ask yourself how many years it will take to actually make a warranty claim should you have one when it takes an unknown amount of months to get your order in the first place???

Throw in the towel Charles. Go back to whatever else you did that allowed you to never commit to ANYTHING. My guess is that you were terminated from whatever that job was as you can't possibly be an asset to any company with your lack of performance.

LET ME GIVE YOU A BUSINESS LESSON,....I don't give my customers ANY EXCUSES. I meet or beat deadlines. (can you believe that's it? That's what I do in my business, I do what I say on time). Do I need to translate that for you?

No business survives the way you pretend to do business. If you would actually attempt to do your part that would be called business. BUT INSTEAD YOU CHOOSE TO COMMIT FRAUD BY STEALING MONEY AND NOT FULFILLING YOUR OWN CONTRACT.

Your a fraud. The gig is up. Surprised
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

However, the recent chatter about chargebacks has an unfortunate negative effect on us

How about the NEGATIVE EFFECT you've placed on the customer.(cooter19)

You've taken the money, you've ruined the experience, you've caused emotional distresses and undue anxieties.

[email protected] wrote:
it also makes future customer relations more difficult.

Of course it does, what else would you expect once ppl catch on to the "take money now, get parts one day, ...maybe..." scheme Embarassed
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

its quite simple.... if unexpected circumstances prevent you from working on peoples orders

1 tell the customer and offer a refund
2 don't accept more work

honesty and communication = happy customers

its not rocket science
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
The events that have transpired between us and SOME of our customers, in particular the complaints leading up to this reply, we have had some unfortunate, yet perhaps inevitable changes that must be made within our company and the way we must conduct business with the public (if at all):

1. We are unfortunately no longer able to answer the phone on a consistent basis and therefore we must announce that all further sales are recommended to be conducted via email. If you are looking to purchase directly from us then you should:
a) Contact one of our vendors,
b) Email us, or
c) Call us and leave a message.

2. If you have purchased a product from us and are looking for an estimated time of arrival then you should:
a) Email, or
b) Call and leave a message.

3. If you want to buy a product directly from us and it is already manufactured and available to ship then we would be happy to take your credit card and send it right away.

5. If you want us to start a crazy nice suspension that is going to turn all or your friend's heads and get you faster to the finish line, however it is not yet available from us (in other words, you want us to build you a custom suspension) then we are going to have to:
a) Sign a contract,
b) Make a deposit of 1/2 down,
c) Your payment will have to be either cash, check, money order, or cashier's check. No exceptions.

6. If you want technical support, or want to better understand your VW's suspension the your are unfortunately going to have to:
a) Email us and await for a reply, or
b) Find it on our website. We no longer have the capacity to spend our energy in this area (as much as we honestly wanted to).

7. If you have questions about a direct purchase from us, then all communications need to be exclusively between Atomwerk Engineering and you (not our retailers).

We have reached a threshold in our business that the customer inquiries have exceeded our capacity to respond on a one to one basis. We are still a very small team here and we are working full time in the shop. In the midst of this there have been some very unexpected changes and we found ourselves with a broken down lathe machine, sand blasting, and powder coating operation. Consequently we have had to do some major scrambling around here and rebuilding. The good news is that all operations are resuming this week.

However, the recent chatter about chargebacks has an unfortunate negative effect on us and, by extension, the VW community. Not only does it stifle a growing company who is still in its infancy, but it also makes future customer relations more difficult. Bottom line is that is makes things more difficult for everyone else.

We want to extend many thanks to our patient customers who have remained loyal with us through these unfortunate times. If you are one of these customers we want to assure you that we are working as hard and as fast as we can to get your order to you. You can let us know if you have any more questions, but please understand if we do not respond immediately.

This is the point where I would like to redirect upcoming customers to our retailers, namely Mid America Motorworks in the US, Limebug in the UK, and shortly to follow a vendor in Australia. They are here because they are about customer service, whereas we are about improving suspension technology, bringing forth quality, and most importantly giving pure VW performance to the road without changing what gives your VW its essence; its originality.

Regards.

Lets play DUMB customer for a few minutes and look to the better than us all Charles Adams reply to my situation. I will go by the number of his above bulleted points:

MY REPLIES TO HIS ITEMS FOLLOW:

1). I bought Direct and he was happy to steal my money. I have an insane paper trail of email communications and phone records. (Nice try Charles)

2). I expected my parts, I paid for them, but since you are not a businessman, I spent days writing emails and phone calls to you. (Nice try Charles)

3). You were happy to take my money and lie about every single situation that crossed your path. Who did the wrong here? Me because I paid for you to fulfill a contract, or you who stole my money and did not provide anything other than 4 shocks??? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER $4000 IN PARTS I ORDERED??? (Nice try Charles)

4). Apparently you decided to leave out number 4 or you were too busy to accurately reply to me because #4 bullet point does not exist,....(kind of like my parts I paid for,....hmmmm Nice try Charles)

5).
a). I fulfilled my end of the contract idiot. I can be faster the finish line with a wheelbarrel loaded with hard concrete and no tires!!! NO PARTS, NO RACE. The turning heads you reference will hopefully be all of your future customers after doing their research on you. (nice try Charles)

b). I did better than your requirements of half down, I paid 100% in full on day one!!! (nice try Charles)

c). It makes perfect sense why you would want cash or check or cashiers check,.... ITS BECAUSE YOU STEAL PEOPLES MONEY AND THEY CANNOT REVERSE THE CHARGE LIKE A CREDIT CARD COMPANY CAN. DO NOT BUY WITHOUT USING A CREDIT CARD!!!!!!! (nice try Charles, expected answer from a crook)

6). I did email, paper solutions are paper. Delivered working correct parts on time ARE the ONLY SOLUTIONS!!! (nice try Charles)

7). DELIVER THE DAMN GOODS AND YOUR LIFE WOULD BE EASY,... unless of course you enjoy living whatever lifestyle you have on other peoples dimes because you SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS! (nice try Charles)

SO, looking at Charles own 1,2,3,4 (missing), 5, 6, 7 bullet points, I do not see where I failed to perform on my end. IN FACT, I SEE NOTHING THAT I DID THAT COULD HAVE BEEN CAUSE TO NOT RECEIVE MY PARTS. ONE WAY STREET WITH THIS LOSER!!!

ANY AND ALL FAILURES POINT TO CHARLES AND ATOMWERKS. HERE ARE MY BULLET POINTS:

1). CREATE A INVOICE/CONTRACT
2). GET PAID
3). BUILD PARTS IN ORDER YOU RECIEVED PAYMENT
4). PREP AND POWDER COAT PARTS
5). DELIVER PARTS TO SUPER HAPPY CUSTOMER AHEAD OF SCHEDULE OR ON TIME!!!!

-----------------OR--------------------

DO IT CHARLES WAY:

1). ITS YOUR FAULT FOR TRUSTING US AT ATOMWERKS
2). ITS YOUR FAULT MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT ACCEPTANCE WAS RUINIED BECAUSE I ATTEMPTED OTHER TYPES OF SHADY BUSINESS OPERATIONS WHERE THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT BECAME INVOLVED, (SEE PREVIOUS POSTS FROM OTHER MISTREATED CUSTOMERS OF ATOMWERKS)
3) ITS YOUR FAULT WE ARE SLOW AND DO NOT DO WHAT WE SAY
4) ITS YOUR FAULT THAT WE GET TO TELL YOU TO BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOREVER TO GET PARTS
5) ITS YOUR FAULT THAT MY MACHINES BROKE DOWN
6) ITS YOUR FAULT THAT MY POWDER COAT OVEN DOES NOT WORK
7) ITS YOUR FAULT THAT MY POWDER COAT OPERATIONS ARE BEING MOVED
8 ) ITS YOUR FAULT THAT WE POWDER COATED YOUR PARTS THE INCORRECT COLOR
9) ITS YOUR FAULT OUR BUSINESS IS GROWING AND WE ARE A SMALL SHOP
10) ITS YOUR FAULT I WAS GONE

(SEE A PATTERN HERE FUTURE ATOMWERK CUSTOMERS?)
JDocherty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I still haven't heard back from Atomwerks. I tried sending emails as Charles stated above but still no response.

Might need to contact my bank on a charge back as it seems I might have been scammed. Sad

Next question, who would be a reliable vendor for adjustable drop spring plates?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

JDocherty wrote:

Next question, who would be a reliable vendor for adjustable drop spring plates?

Here ya go
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1802013

Might not be "space age" but at least you'll get them
fly. GTI.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

vugbug68 wrote:

Might not be "space age" but at least you'll get them

charles is so far in the future, we all need to wait at least a year to catch up to his parts...LOL

Jer*fab is also a good source for the plates...I had mine in 4 days, and they look way nicer than the atomwerks plates.
cooter19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

ISNT IT INTERESTING THAT THE EMAILS FROM ATOMWERKS, (ALTHOUGH INSANELY RARE) NOW HAVE A GIANT CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT FORBIDING US TO DISCLOSE WHAT IF ANYTHING IS DISCUSSED IN THE EMAILS.......

YOU KNOW THE COMMON TYPE OF CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENTS,... LIKE WHEN WE PURCHASE ANY OTHER PART IN THE WORLD ONLINE WHETHER IT BE A TOOTHBRUSH OR ATOMWERKS SUSPENSION.

HMMMM, SEEMS NORMAL TO ME.......... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: