Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Must see will save your home from being broke into so easily
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tazzilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Must see will save your home from being broke into so easily Reply with quote

Wow guys take a few minutes to watch this really a must do if you have a electric garage door opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSO_HTBHLFI
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it is that easy w/ windows on the garage door.

well if a thief thinks his life is worth anything stealing in my home, come on in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I don't have windows on my garage door.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
yes, it is that easy w/ windows on the garage door.

well if a thief thinks his life is worth anything stealing in my home, come on in.

Good thinking.
I have my entire house booby-trapped so that anyone enters (even when I'm not home) the entire building explodes.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want to booby-trap your house, IWO. If it is on fire and Fire Dept showed up, you might end up hurting them..or worse.

If you are not home and someone comes in to steal, then they will come in to steal. It is good enough for me nobody gets hurt esp my family.

But I have no sympathy for thieves or vandals. I just hope the perp presents w/ the proper backstop before I pull on the trigger. Laughing

My worst fear is over-penetration and hurting someone beyond the asshole. Shooting for chest is just too horizontal. About bellybutton height is perfect for me as it is pretty "downward". Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
You don't want to booby-trap your house, IWO. If it is on fire and Fire Dept showed up, you might end up hurting them..or worse.

If you are not home and someone comes in to steal, then they will come in to steal. It is good enough for me nobody gets hurt esp my family.

But I have no sympathy for thieves or vandals. I just hope the perp presents w/ the proper backstop before I pull on the trigger. Laughing

My worst fear is over-penetration and hurting someone beyond the asshole. Shooting for chest is just too horizontal. About bellybutton height is perfect for me as it is pretty "downward". Laughing

It is kind of you to not want to hurt someone's asshole.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to leave some for the morturer! Laughing

I only load hollow-points for home use. But have lots of steel-core 5.56mm.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
nsracing wrote:

Im with NSR on this one,Its my biggest fear as well..after all that time and trouble breaking a bitch in .....
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our garage doors have remote operated deadbolts. This might be standard for all newer installs?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deadbolt is called Sig 229! Laughing

If the perp happens to survive the first 14 rounds of that, another 28 rounds cometh from my AR15. See if it gets passed that.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
My deadbolt is called Sig 229! Laughing

If the perp happens to survive the first 14 rounds of that, another 28 rounds cometh from my AR15. See if it gets passed that.

Oh my. Shocked
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half a dozen homes in my old neighborhood were burgled that way. The local sheriff came by and showed us how to use the zip tie.

The window isn't necessary for the perp, but it makes it easier. Most roll-ups can be bent down for coat hanger access, and since the emergency handle is allways right below the centered track, you know where to hook it without the window.

Just be careful not to use too thick a zip tie, or you will not be able to use the emergency handle to open it in an emergency.

Another alternative to the zip tie is to remove the handle and tie a loop large enough for your hand to fit through. That way you can still pull it open in an emergency, but it takes a LOT more skill with the coat hanger to hook it through that loop.

Last edited by KTPhil on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just be careful not to use too thick a zip tie, or you will not be able to sue the emergency handle to open it in an emergency.

Just wondering, Phil. You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you? Wink
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Fumble fingers, no law degree!
Fixed it.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually asked if my homeowner's insurance would cover new drywall, paint and carpet, I told them it would be cheaper than replacing everything in the house....

They agreed.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
nsracing wrote:

Bullseye...
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
iowegian wrote:
nsracing wrote:

Bullseye...

That is sweet of you guys, but in my house they get two n two. Two in the head and two in the chest.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VA does not have a "castle doctrine" like Fla. If the perp is halfway thru the window and does not pose an immediate threat to you, can only smile at him. Now if the perp is in the house w/ a crowbar, different story.

You can get charged w/ assault if you even brandish a firearm to trespassers on YOUR property.

Texas and Arizona has the best laws for intruders, I think. I, for one, do not care much for political correctness.
JasonBaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in college I had a Ethics class, A guy had a cabin that kept getting broken into. After the fifth time he rigged up a shot gun to the front door. Even though he had "No trespassing signs and others warnings" someone killed the front door in and got shot. He was liable and paid all kinds of fines and went to jail for a little bit.

Dont booby-trap your house.

In the end, the loss of life isn't a even trade for loss of valuable's. Somebody remind me of that when someone breaks in my home while I'm there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go watch "Home Alone" again for inspiration.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: