Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2014 San Diego 3-day Walk for Breast Cancer
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: 2014 San Diego 3-day Walk for Breast Cancer Reply with quote

Hello VW family and friends! Once again I'm reaching out to the one community I know I can count on for support. This year I am participating in the Susan G. Koman 3-day walk for breast cancer. For those of you who are not familiar with the organization, Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $800 million in research and provided almost $1.7 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life.

The walk itself is 20 miles each day for 3 days. In order to participate I have to raise $2350 and that's where I'm reaching out to you all. We've all known someone who's had cancer. My aunt is going through this currently and I have to do my part to help. Cancer sucks and no one should have to go through this. $1, $5, $10 anything would help me get closer to my goal. I still have some time before November but I don't want procrastinate. Even if you don't have money to donate, I'll take a "good luck" wish and a prayer any day. 60 miles is not easy, but it's a lot easier than fighting cancer. Thank you all for reading and checking my link...

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2014/SanDiegoEvent2014?px=3175688&pg=personal&fr_id=1864
Phil 4:13
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutha Zuggbug (Paul)! Thank you so much for your support. I know you're knee deep in early 15's and Westy's but when you get a chance come out west for some fellowship and a CamPbodian plate. Much love bro
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon thank you. You have a green and white bus right? Hope to see you at Prado during OCTO's weekend. I owe you a beer and a true CamPbodian feast.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Maurice, my bus is a 67' pearl white kombi/camper. I met you guys briefly at BBB. Louis brought us some of your leftover ribs sunday morning, yum! See you guys at Prado. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to thank Cunado Wear's Mountain Division - SMS, Jonny, TomTom. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your support brothers. Much love and see you guys soon!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: