Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EFI options
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaallred wrote:
Stripped66 wrote:

Eaallred wrote:
I run two pulses per cycle.

Once every 360 degrees?

Yes. I can choose anywhere from 1 to 8 pulses per cycle if I want. It will run fine on 1 pulse per cycle, but does respond off-idle better with 2. Any above that I see no difference in how it runs, and my pulse widths get really small (never went more than 4).

That makes sense. You start running into injector dead-time limiting the functional pulsewidth as you increase the number of injection events per cycle.
Quote:

The think most people overlook is that anything just over idle (roughly 1200 rpm Ferrari found) the gains in sequential, phased injectors all but went away. At that point it all just becomes a fog of air/fuel in the intake port. So no power was found on the dyno doing batch fire vs. sequential, and even at idle, the only thing tweaking injector timing and doing sequential did was help emissions. At least that was all I could find when I spent the day searching for a reason to put a cam sensor on my car. Zero gains for extra work and complication? Nah.

The only obvious advantage to doing sequential is if you are running an A/F meter on each cylinder and are trimming fuel on each cylinder to get them all exactly the same. Bank-fire, I see zero point to it at all. I tried it, I saw no difference. I can go back and forth from bank to batch with the stroke of a key, and it all makes no difference. Getting that last 5% of the tune dead-on with a basic batch-fire system will yield more gain than going sequential.

Agreed. I notice a big difference in idle just by switching the phase of the two injector drivers each by 180 degrees (with no other subsequent tuning), but never bothered to run it above idle in that configuration. I run it mainly because it's the default set-up for Electromotive, and the limited injectors each driver can handle.
Quote:

Now, when the direct port stuff starts (I bet we're within 5-7 years of the DIY market having it) sequential and phasing will be a big part of the game.

Bosch already offers ECU's for direct injection...expensive!

I don't think electrickery works that way
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My injection timing and phasing is adjustable on the fly. With a couple clicks I can go from batch, paired, or sequential and also when the injection even happens WRT crank degrees.

Just by optimizing the injection timing at idle saves quite a bit of fuel on my engine and makes for a smoother idle.

s
68bugbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning down the road of two bank and two squirts of fuel per 720 of the crank. also running wasted spark.
68bugbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What injectors fit in a mexican intake end castings? What junkyard cars can I fit them on?
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

68bugbaja wrote:
What injectors fit in a mexican intake end castings? What junkyard cars can I fit them on?

Injectors are sized according to the hp you expect to put out. That said I am running 1994 Volvo Turbo wagon injectors which are 32 lbph and will support 230-260 hp.
I am at around 122 hp as of now and they idle just fine with lots of extra overhead.

I'm not positive on those intakes but I'll wager they will take a standard Bosch injector.

That's what is used on the CB Performance intakes and those injectors are available almost anywhere and easy to find.
You just need to find a size that will fit for your intended hp output plus a little extra......... or a lot if you plan on going turbo.......

There are also low Z and High Z injectors. My ECU is set up to use low Z injectors.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68bugbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about sizing injectors for flow/ horsepower rating and what resistance my injectors need to be. But not over all shape/ size. and if some other make used injectors would fit in the Mexican intake.
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

68bugbaja wrote:

I machined adapter bushings to fit the manifolds so that regular 14mm o-ring size injectors would fit up.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: