Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BNNTA 8/29 - 9/1/14 - Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: BNNTA 8/29 - 9/1/14 - Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29 Reply with quote

Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #29

Formerly, and also known as "Busses By The Arch". A family-oriented VW camping weekend!

Friday, Aug 29th thru Sep 1st, 2014 (The entire Labor Day weekend!)

It's time again to make plans to attend the premier Midwest VW Type 2 camping event! On average, we are delighted to host roughly about 100 Busses. (Check out past event coverage in the July, 2011 issue of "Hot VWs Magazine".)

Come join us for the upcoming "Buses Nowhere Near the Arch" camping weekend. This family camping event will feature a gathering of VW Transporters of all types and eras from all over the USA. While predominantly a Type 2 event, all models of VW are welcome to camp with us! We are looking forward to seeing you and your Type 2 amidst all the "Split-windshields", "Bubble-windshields", Vanagons, and EuroVans as well as any other VW types this Fall. All models and years of VWs are invited, and only VWs are allowed inside the BNNTA event campground.

"Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" will be held rain or shine over the
long Labor Day holiday weekend, Friday, Aug 29th thru Sep 1st, 2014. We will gather again at the group use campgrounds at Indian Creek Recreation Area. This U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campground is located on the 18,000 acre Mark Twain Lake, about 30 miles southwest of historic Hannibal, Missouri. This is a beautiful, federally-run campground with paved roads and pads and nice facilities. Most conveniences are available in nearby Monroe City or Hannibal.

On both Friday and Saturday evening we plan to have campfires and music along with VW and other "unusual" door prizes, and parts swapping in addition to the "site-to-site" socializing "Bus-banter" that this VW camping event is famous for. On Saturday morning we are planning another of our famous "Bus caravans" over to historic Hannibal, the boyhood home of Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. "Mark Twain." You'll have lots of time to explore the haunts of his hometown, or tour "Injun Joe's cave." You won't want to miss it!

On Saturday evening, owners choice awards will be presented in several Type 2 classes in addition to vendor and participant-donated door prizes. If you have a neat VW item to donate, bring it along. On Sunday you are free to enjoy the lake or visit other regional highlights. It should prove to be a relaxed, fun weekend full of great Volkswagen experiences and new friendships.

Our private camping facilities at Indian Creek include our own large, private "Busses Nowhere Near the Arch" group area with some electric hook-ups (first come, first served), fishing, water-sports (bring your water toys), playground, huge pavillion, toilet and shower facilities, and a nearby boat ramp. The all inclusive camping/event fee is $30 per VW for the entire weekend.

Only VW’s that are registered and camping will be admitted into the BNNTA group area! Now, please read that last sentence again!

Sites in the BNNTA group area cannot be reserved in advance. The gates to our campground will be open for arrivals and site selection by about noon on Friday. If you arrive earlier, you could stay nearby in the regular Indian Creek public campground. Although there should be plenty of room, the earlier you arrive the better.

We are looking forward to your arrival for a holiday weekend full of Volkswagen fun. Please pass the word around to your VW friends about this Volkswagen camping festival held over the long Labor Day holiday weekend!

Wipe down and pack up those Transporters for the cruise to Mark Twain Lake for the "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #27" campout on Friday, Aug, 29th thru Monday Sept 1st, 2014 near Hannibal, Missouri. Pleas see the website below for a link to a maping program to find your way to BNNTA.

"Busses Nowhere Near the Arch #29"
Indian Creek Recreation Area, Mark Twain Lake, MO

Directions:

From Monroe City, MO:
Take US Route 24 southwest approx. 6.5 miles.
Turn left (south) onto State Route "HH", (WATCH FOR "BNNTA" SIGNS)
Proceed almost 1.75 miles, turn left onto first paved road. Monroe County Road #581. There is an "Indian Creek Marina" billboard and VW event signs at this turn, then proceed a little over 3.5 miles into the "Indian Creek Recreational Area" and watch for signs on the right for the "Group Use Area"; then follow signs into the "Group Use Area".

Welcome to "Busses Nowhere Near the Arch" ! See you there!

Bill Bowman

http://bnnta.com/
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I'll try to be there! Very Happy
I'll be in the clothing optional area!
cjacaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile im in all the way from Phoenix with a ST Louis transplant. Should be there sometime Friday.
Chad
RidinRetro1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoked!
Modern Vanagon Westy Interior
mickey86004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjacaz wrote:
Smile im in all the way from Phoenix with a ST Louis transplant. Should be there sometime Friday.
Chad

Chad you're coming up for this?

1959 15 Window
1958 Panel
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 4 short weeks I'm pointing my bus toward BNNTA, east bound and pedal down...can't wait!

We'll see if Chad can keep up with me...yes, he is planning on going.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't miss it
Can't wait!
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay folks! We're just a few weeks out from the upcoming BNNTA event weekend, and the event t-shirts have been ordered, the trophies are in production, event stickers and registration stuff is in progress. I've got to order up a few new signs and make a few more preparations for the gathering. The US Army Corps of Engineers folks are ready and waiting for the arrivals of lots of Buses and other VWs over the upcoming Labor Day weekend. I understand there is some kind of gathering/convention in Hannibal that weekend of folks which should add to the fun there, and things do see in Hannibal. Two of my four Buses are ready to go, not sure about the 3rd or 4th, but we are basically ready and good to go!

So get your VWs ready and pack up your camping gear and have a safe drive, fun, and uneventful cruise over to Mark Twain Lake in a few weeks from now. I can't wait to see Roy make his triumphant return to STL and the event in his awesome 21 window Deluxe! It'll be great to have him back for a few days!!!

For a simple website with event info and a map link, go to www.bnnta.com

See ya soon!

Bill & Kathryn
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this event Bill and the long road trip for us to get there should be quite the adventure in a 55-year old and 49-year old buses with reduction boxes.

My brother from Florida is flying up for the weekend so fair warning to the attendees...he is quite a hoot and as he gets older his filter is wearing thin...not a creeper just a little tilted but usually entertaining Embarassed It's been almost two years since I've left Missouri after living there 42-years and getting excited to see old friends and the smells and sights of the Midwest.

The Mark Twain Lake levels appear real close to normal and 77-deg water temp so come on in everyone...the water is great. Glad the spring and early summer floods have resided. I think I've convinced a couple MO friends to bring their boats up so I was hoping the lake would not be too muddy or a debris field.

2-weeks from today there will be two split window buses headed from Phoenix, AZ by way of Hwy-60 and we'll pick up Hwy-54 in Tucumcari and roll that 2-lane all the way to BNNTA!

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RidinRetro1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjonas wrote:
2-weeks from today there will be two split window buses headed from Phoenix, AZ by way of Hwy-60 and we'll pick up Hwy-54 in Tucumcari and roll that 2-lane all the way to BNNTA!

Thats badass. Safe travels, see you there!
Modern Vanagon Westy Interior
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take lots of "road trip" photos and post 'em along the way! Take it easy, have a lot of fun and we'll see you very soon in the BNNTA campground!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjonas wrote:

My brother from Florida is flying up for the weekend so fair warning to the attendees...he is quite a hoot and as he gets older his filter is wearing thin...not a creeper just a little tilted but usually entertaining Embarassed

X2 Roy brother is a hoot!
Had some good times with all the Jo-Bro's back at B.B. years back

Safe travels 'ol Roy
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on driving up from Houston for the weekend. Hope the weather is cooler than last year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week from now we'll be in the private campground on Mark Twain Lake enjoying all the VWs assembled for the BNNTA weekend. The Rangers have the group campground ready for us, and the event officially opens on Friday. The event artwork looks great! The Award plaques arrived and looks awesome! So do the dash plaques that every registered VW gets with their registration packet. Event window stickers too. T-shirt should be finished now and will be brought to the event by Gary from Chicago. Blue t-shirts this year!

So do some final tweakin' on your old VWs, pack up the brews and chow and get ready for the 29th BNNTA this upcoming weekend on Mark Twain Lake!

Kathryn and I wish you all a very enjoyable and safe journey over to the Lake in a few days. See ya soon!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Despite the fact that the St. Louis region currently has a heat advisory for the last couple of days, it looks like those attending the upcoming BNNTA campout will be getting a very nice break according to Bing weather as of this morning! Bing is forecasting that the temps in Monroe City, MO near Mark Twain Lake will drop mid-week and on Friday the high/low temps will be a nice 85/66, Saturday even nicer at 82/65, Sunday will be 82/76 and Monday 86/71. Nice driving, camping and nighttime sleeping weather! Wooo Hoooo! Of course, as usual, there is always the possibility of an occasional shower with a 40 percent chance throughout the long holiday weekend.

So get yourselves and your VWs ready to join in on the fun. Drive safely and enjoy the adventure! See you this coming Friday!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard from the pilots of a two Bus caravan that they will depart at 4pm today from Phoenix, AZ headed to the BNNTA VW Camping weekend! We wish you guys/gals the very best of back-road travelling, and a safe and fun road trip! We'll see you up at Mark Twain Lake on Friday!

The event T-shirts (blue this year!) are finished and picked up by a Chicago-based attendee who will bring them directly to the event. They look AWESOME!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Jonas is cruising on HWY 54 approaching Stratford, TX in his awesome 21 window Deluxe on his way from Phoenix, AZ to the BNNTA event. Chad & Mindy's Bus had to turn back to PHX after an uncontrollable oil leak, so Roy is cruising happily alone. He is roughly half way already, and plans to drive until about 10pm tonight, so he will have a nice, shorter drive into the BNNTA event tomorrow! What a trouper! He reports his fresh new engine is doing very nicely! Send your good karma his way this evening!

There are campers in the group campground already this evening at the BNNTA site! We'll be heading up there in the morning to join in the fun!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus is packed,coolers full of beers...just gotta get through work Friday and I'll be on my way up to the lake.
Looking forward to the long weekend
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great time..
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome weekend, nice weather, cool-ish temps for the long Labor Day holiday weekend, a great time! One hundred and six registered older VWs camping and no other brands allowed in to spoil the view! I was so busy hosting that I have virtually no photos, so hopefully those of you in attendance will post up a few shots and your comments for all to enjoy! Thanks everyone for another great time at our 29th BNNTA!

Bill & Kathryn
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: