Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vert rail replacement question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Vert rail replacement question Reply with quote

My car needs the rails replaced. The body is already out of wack. I pulled the body together until the rear door gaps are even. The problem is one side is wider than the other. One side is 4mm and the other is around 5.5mm. My question is should I adjust for door gap or make the door holes the same which is hard because I cant find a place to measure that is the same on both sides.
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you you look in the Body/Paint section on the samba? There is a sticky on convertible channel replacement. Also do a search in the Body/Paint section for that type of repair.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did,
smmf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the body off the pan? If not, can it be bolted back up? Once bolted up check the door gaps, if the gaps are good, reinforce the body so it doesn't move when you unbolt it. Make sure the body bolts at the back by the shocks and the front beam are bolted down

With a gap difference like that the body is tweaked (twisted)

Bolting it to the chassis is the perfect jig to square it up
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: