Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello Samba
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanJulio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Hello Samba Reply with quote

This is a great site and, well I have been lurking for some time now, researching before buying, and I finally got my hands on a van so I thought it only proper to officially join and start participating in the conversations.

The new van is a 1981 air cooled Vanagon Westfaliawith AFC injection. My wife named it Julio (like the song), she has taken responsibility for R&Ring the inside. It has some cancer rust on the rocker panel under the camping hookups but other than that is in nice shape structurally. It is not currently running which is why it was in my price range. The PO thought it was a bad fuel pump and battery. I put a new battery in today and have the fuel pump ready to put in but from what I have read I think I might wait on the pump until I have new fuel line to swap in. How many meters of line do most people use to replace all the lines? would 4 meters be enough? I also was thinking of swapping in the bigger fuel filter but hate to buy a kit when I already have the bigger fuel filters for my 2001 Jetta, has anyone done the swap without a kit and just used brass or stainless fittings to step down the size?

If anyone has any ideas on must do's please let me know.

Mainly Just saying hello, I'll probably start with real questions after I try the fuel line replacement...especially if there is more than a fuel pump needed to get Julio up and running again.

Thanks for any help or ideas!
daisy71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome VanJulio, good luck with the fuel pump, you might get some more luck on this topic in the vanagon/eurovan forum, anyway good luck with the van!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: