Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MK4 Jetta "Santa Monica" Wheels on a 1961 Type 1
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buguyed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: MK4 Jetta "Santa Monica" Wheels on a 1961 Type 1 Reply with quote

Hello

I have a 1961 Type 1 currently with stock wide-5 drums. I have a friend with some wheels off a 2004 Jetta GLI. They are the "Santa Monica" style. I know the below stats about them. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get them on my car? Is it better to get a 5x205 to 5x100 adapter or new hubs? Go to disc brakes? I am willing to raise or lower the car to make them fit.

Name: Santa Monica
Size: 17" X 7"
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 100mm
Offset: 38mm
Part Number: 1J0 601 025S 1E9

My bug has a 2.5" narrowed front beam with drop spindles and adjusters. The rear is lowered one notch. Brand new Monroe Gas Shocks all around. I currently have stock 165 15"s on 5.5" rims in the back and 135s on 15" 4.5"

Thanks for the help everyone!
Buguyed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no replies... I did a bunch of searching and the 5x100 conversion seems too painful.. Too bad it's not more popular!

Oh well. Also, the Custom Wheel/Tire section of this forum seems dead. Delete it.
FRNKNSTNGHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy re-drilled drums or discs. That way you upgrade your braking since your adding those big wheels. Not sure if you're going to need spacers but those can be had inexpensively.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: