Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

33rd annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix - July 19-20, 2014
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: 33rd annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix - July 19-20, 2014 Reply with quote

It's that time of year again to start preparing for the annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. The nation's premier vintage motorsport festival. 10 Days of automotive events. Races, rallies, parades, tours, car shows, parties and much more. The main event takes place July 19th and 20th (Saturday and Sunday) with the vintage races through Schenley Park and the international car show on the Bob O'Connor Golf Course. See over 2,000 show cars from all over the world. From pre war Mercedes Benzes to Race winning Corvettes. There is something for everyone. Three Rivers Volkswagen Club will again be handling the Volkswagen car show which will again be a trophy event with awards for both air and water cooled VWs. The best of show winning car from Saturday will be invited to participate in the exclusive Grand Prix Concours on Sunday to compete agains the best car from each show. There are also separate shows for Audi and Porsche vehicles.

The cost for the event is $30, and covers the driver and passengers entry in to the show with parking on the golf course for both days, and includes a program and dash plaque. Now the good stuff. All proceeds, 100% go to charity. All proceeds benefit the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School. As we say, "We do with cars to help those that will never know the joy of driving one". Since 1983, the PVGP has raised over $3.5 million dollars for these worthy causes. Last year through the hard work of our dedicated 1200+ volunteer staff, our sponsors, our racers, and you our spectators helped to set a record donation of $350,000. And for that, everyone deserves a big Thank You.

I say this every year, please come to our event. You will NOT regret it. There is not another event like this anywhere in the world. Please look at our website, www.pvgp.org for the full 10 day event schedule and to pre-register. If you have any questions, please fee free to send me a message or email me at [email protected].

2010 New Beetle Final Edition
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Visit Herbie the Love Bug at LoveBugFans.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pre-register now for the event here.

http://www.pvgp.org/schenley/volkswagen-car-show/

We highly recommend pre-registering for the show as this year Mini will be marque of the year and we are expecting a spike in Mini registrations for the 2014 event.

1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to avoid pre-registering this year because I seem to jinx myself each time I do. Sad I have planned to attend this show for the last 4-5 years. Life always conspires to change those plans.
Well.... I have registered again for the weekend. This time a close friend of my wife now lives in Pittsburgh and is hosting us for the weekend. They plan on a weekend of shopping while I take in the races and show. I also have a backup VW in case of crappy weather. I hope to meet up with old friends and make a few new ones Cool

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! We look forward to seeing you there. We've got a lot of really cool VWs lined up.

1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon. Longest drive with the Ghia. About 175 miles. Cruised great at 70 mph. This morning is dreary raining and grey. I'm waiting for a break in the rain to cruise over to the park. Oh well, the wife and I are enjoying great hosts here. Hope to see everyone soon on the German Hill!

Mike Gerson

kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to many events over the years. This one is TOPS!!
It was my first time to Pittsburgh and the Grand Prix. The city sure knows how to throw a car show party Cool
The Three Rivers VW Club really made me feel welcome. The VW's along with the Vintage racing was incredible.
Schenley Park is an outstanding venue to see vintage racing. Someone related to me that the track layout is somewhat similar to LeMans.
So, thanks again for a great time. I did meet some terrific people!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mike Gerson

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: