Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Day - Night mirror
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cecil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Day - Night mirror Reply with quote

Found a day night mirror from a bug with the ball socket same as the Thing.
Any one ever perform a mirror swap without breaking stuff? I was thinking of heating them, say to 150 to male it easier to pop the ball out and insert the other one???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have popped off a few and back on. You think you are breaking something but I have never. I use a rubber hammer to drive the Thing post back on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a tough time getting mine on. I finally set it on the dash inside my wife's modern car with glass moonroof on a hot day until it was hot enough to just pop on. A heat gun or hair dryer may do the same.

Last edited by sxuxrxf on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bugman8774
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I succeeded with this just a few weeks ago. Be patient with it. I stabbed myself in the hand 3 times with a screwdriver at first Rolling Eyes .

*Present*
-74 Baja Bug ( \o o/ )
-73 Thing |O||_o_||O|

Its not dripping oil, its marking its territory!
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is what a bug day night mirror looks on a thing. This is one of the mirrors that brother Ron changed over.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
cecil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peggy is surfing at Half Moon Bay this week. So I decided to try changing the mirrors out. It was too easy, took all of 10 minutes. The best news is I got a great beetle mirror from the classifieds for $10! Suggest this to everyone.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: