Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Guy Alert... Should I Buy This Beetle?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busdriver79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a stupid amount of money for a Beetle that needs so much work and not knowing anything about its past....The price should be around $1500 or less (much less)...If your mechanic skills are not too good, this is not the car for you....Buy a Honda....I've owned Beetles since the 1960's and even back then they still needed a lot of wrenching and TLC...far more than the big full sized American cars of the day...Some people buy old VWs and they can't even change a rubber washer on a garden hose....don't be that guy....but if you have big $$$ in your wallet, you can afford to have a competent VW mechanic do the work for you. Cool
Potsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought a beetle! It's a 67, very clean and so far just needs some basic things. There is some sloppy shifting that I'm pretty sure is just the shift rod bushing/coupler, brakes bled, carb rebuild, etc... But all the parts are in place and it has no serious rust. Supposedly it's from New Mexico originally. I'll post some pictures soon, but I guess that will be in the other forum.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potsie wrote:
Well, I bought a beetle! It's a 67, very clean and so far just needs some basic things. There is some sloppy shifting that I'm pretty sure is just the shift rod bushing/coupler, brakes bled, carb rebuild, etc... But all the parts are in place and it has no serious rust. Supposedly it's from New Mexico originally. I'll post some pictures soon, but I guess that will be in the other forum.

Congratulations.
You will like the '67----------they only made 'em one year you know. Wink
BWD
Samba Mailman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Potsie wrote:

Congratulations.

They made them in '66 and '67 Razz
member #2850
1966 Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWD wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Potsie wrote:

Congratulations.

They made them in '66 and '67 Razz

that's cause they are better than the other ones...imagine if you had a red one,a red '67....
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's cause they are better than the other ones...imagine if you had a red one,a red '67....

I think it's red 67 beetle day! Or ruby red 67 beetle day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iowegian"]
Potsie wrote:

NO WAY!!! Shocked Well I'll be darned. I'm gonna hang on to my 74 since I guess they made them only 1 year as well. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: