Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How low with Mendeola
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrowagen wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that the content of this thread could better have been existed as a private telephone call or email exchange between potential customer and vendor...? Rolling Eyes

Or maybe it's an ad ? Confused
retrowagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
retrowagen wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that the content of this thread could better have been existed as a private telephone call or email exchange between potential customer and vendor...? Rolling Eyes

Or maybe it's an ad ? Confused

Hmm... Could be. Dunno.

I need to find an engineering forum. Somebody could post, "Hello everyone. I have a lot and need a house to be designed. How much would it cost for Dave to design it if it has two bedrooms and one bathroom?" I could then chime in, throw down some theoreticals, discuss the project, compare it to others I've done... I guess it's not unreasonable, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin and company are held to price quotes or risk ill will because someone went tire-kicking on the internet and numbers were quoted...

I'm sorry, I probably sound grumpy. But in our very high-tech age, there are still some situations where picking up a phone, dialing the right numbers, and talking to a human on the other side is a wonderful thing Smile and I would wager the lads at Mendeola would probably agree - they can gauge the application in question, give best precise advice, and begin the building of the building of relationships with client, product, and project.

Just my unsolicited $0.02. Sorry, all. Now back to your regularly-scheduled broadcast. Smile
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
ivwshane wrote:
coolrydes wrote:
ivwshane wrote:
coolrydes wrote:
Nice ribb shot KG coupe....

For the record our front end complete spindle to spindle (add brakes wheels and tires and your on the ground) is $3295. The complete rear kit is $2395. Not bad for new car ride quality and performance. Hell we have been spending $6-8000 on performance motors for years.

What's the cost for refurbishing the pan and powder coating it? What do brakes typically run?

This all depends on the current condition of your pan, if we have to remove it from the body for you or ???? The possibilities are endless. Normally if a client brings their stripped pan to us, we send it out and have it sand blasted to see what we really have.

If we are just talking about :
sand blasting
installing and making any mods needed to install suspension
powder coating and re-assembly
It's around $7k
if pan halves or other repairs are needed then the cost goes up.

As for brakes if you want our CoolStop brakes, we offer them in
11" cross drilled and vented fronts with 4 piston calipers.......$1180
Our Massive 12.5 inch fronts with Wilwood 4 piston calipers are...$1280

We then have our 11" cross drilled and vented rears with internal parking brake, and 4 piston Wilwood calipers for $1440

Please not you don't have to run any of our brakes as our kits are designed to run most after market kits on the market. These type of kits start around $400 and go up from there.

7k just for the pan or 7k also includes the front and rear suspension?

I think the suspension system is reasonably priced myself. But if you are going to add that then the rest of the car needs to be just as nice, IMO, unless its a racer/sleeper.

This does include suspension....

Wow! Nice!

Should I ask for my payment from you for this sneaky ad we put together or should we do it via pm? :p

Sorry guys, I'm a ways away from starting my custom restoration but I still need to have a rough ball park of costs, of course I could call but I don't have the specifics of what I need, ball park figures not only help me with my planning but also others who are in similar situations.
All info in this thread was asked for first, coolrydes didn't just start posting his selling points for no reason.

In summary, just chill;)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: