Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Clutch makes noise when depressed and won't disengage.
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crankyoldguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Clutch makes noise when depressed and won't disengage. Reply with quote

Homebuilt Trike, Swing axle rear, AH cases, Single port heads.
Just bought it and knew it would need a few things. Driving to the local VW experts and coming up to a light pushed in the clutch just felt mushy without the correct feedback. Thought the cable slipped on the cable clamps. Towed it home, retightened the cable and added more clamps. There was only 1. Now I have noise when I push in the pedal and the clutch doesn't disengage.

Any Ideas?? Sad
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to have to drop the motor and see if the correct TO bearing and pressure plate is hooked to the correct trans. You may also have a bad trans. Drop the drain plug and check the magnet and oil for metal

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw out arm which holds the throw out bearing can fail. Just pull the engine and take a look.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: