Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Insurance question
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LandSailor wrote:

You should double check with him to be sure the Syncro is covered when you take it camping. All of the "Collectors' Insurance" places I called were more than happy to insure my Westy, as long as it was a garage baby and never taken camping.

I am so glad you asked to check this. So I called my agent to see when I am covered and when I am not. He said as long as I have the Unlimited Mileage on the Syncro I am good to go camping. No no's are daily driving for work etc and any racing Shocked racing? Shocked . We are headed up to Washington for the weekend and I specifically asked if I am good to go. It is not a car show, but it is a group of the same vehicles, so he said "Go have fun". I also asked if I could just take it camping for a weekend, again, "Go have fun". It sounds like the unlimited mileage does make a difference.

This is just what I wanted to hear! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j_dirge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

physast wrote:

What I have learned:

1. Don't give anymore information than you have to
2. Don't ask too many questions
3. Don't do this over the phone (go see an agent)

With all due respect...
1. Give as much information as you think they need. I.E. if you want 20k in value, then expect to give them a LOT to back that up. Do not be afraid to find short comings in advance. Better to be informed than ignorant of issues. Ignorance is not going to pay out on a claim.
What could be the advantage of hiding info?

2. Ask as many questions as you can.. Do NOT be shy... and take notes and ask to see things in writing..
Present "scenarios" and ask..
"If this happens, am I covered?"
"If that happens, am I covered?"
NOT asking questions can result in you being under or over insured.. or insured for the all the wrong risks.

3.Yes! It is good to have undivided attention and that's best done in person, making solid eye contact.

There can be massive holes in insurance coverages.. You simply can not be educated ENOUGH on this subject.. and it doesn't help that the target is CONSTANTLY moving... year to year.. policy to policy.
Remember, the business model is to take your money and not have to give it back.
That's why a prefer a bank account in my name.

-57 pan f/g buggy with a 67 pancake Type 3 "S"
"Jimi Hendrix owned one. Richard Nixon did not"
-Grand Tour, Season 1, episodes 4 and 5

danfromsyr wrote:
those are straight line runs with light weight race cars for only 1/4mile at a time..
not pushing a loaded brick up a mountain pass with a family of 4+ inside expecting to have an event free vacation..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: