Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why do I have different lug size/pattern on front/rear
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcproductions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Why do I have different lug size/pattern on front/rear Reply with quote

I just bought a Meyers/manx dune buggy, with type 1 motor & chassis. I was going to do a break job, so I pulled off all the tires. It should be noted that there was an adapter on front to make bolt pattern 5x4.5 with 1/2" - 20 lug bolts. The rear also had an adapter, but the pattern was 5x120 with a 3/8" lug bolt. This is my 1st vw. Is it by design that there are different lugs from front to rear, or by laziness to do the job correctly?
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be the same. VW never used wheel adapters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapters are used to make a particular wheel pattern work on a different lug pattern drum/disc/spindle.

When you own a kit car...throw all "correctness" out the window..
For example ..on my Buggy, I have old fat aluminum sloted wheels, using stock Vw 4 lug pattern on the front and Ford small 5 lug on the rear.. (redrilled rear drums)
15x7 front 15x10 rear.

Nothing lazy about it...use what ya can to make things work, how you need.

Do the rims match?
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: