Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FrankenOval
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
germaniac57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: FrankenOval Reply with quote

OK.... so if anyone wants to look at pics of my Oval, take a look at my previous posts. Love the car.... looks good and drives well.

The car was built by a local enthusiast / VW mechanic and he did a great job as far as I can see. He did however use the car as a daily driver (even during our Canadian winters) then it sat for about three years until I purchased it.

I thought it was about time to do some maintenance on the car... so I pulled the engine and got to work. Looked up the number codes for the pan and engine while I was working on it. This is what I came up with.

1957 Canadian Standard
1964 pan
1971 dual port engine with single port heads

I am sure this is somewhat normal..... and as I don't care if the car is all period correct.... I am sure all is well.

Question for everyone.

Thought I would do the shifter bushing while I have the seats out. There was no bushing there. The bracket that holds the bushing is not flat, but has the funnel like shape that looks to be on earlier bugs. Just want a second opinion that I do not need a bushing before I bolt everything back up. Seems weird to have the earlier style bushing with a 64 pan.

Also.... bought earlier heater cables.. would they be too short for the 64 pan?.... I am also going through some heat tube hell....

Thanks everyone!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: