Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rastaplasta - [email protected] - Alec Turner
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Rastaplasta
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 20, 2017
shakeel1987
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Rastaplasta - [email protected] - Alec Turner Reply with quote

User name Rastaplasta (Alec Turner) from Australia.

Alec approached me on 03-07-2014 about 7 weeks ago wanting to buy two sets of front headlights, 2 sets of cam bearings and 2 distributor caps for his split bus. I provided a quote, he agreed to the pricing and requested expedited shipping.
Settling all the payments details through WESTERN UNION, he said that he is a little sceptical about paying through WESTERN UNION and have been warned about Internet scams, but still he needs the parts and hope to do business with me.
He decided that he is not comfortable transferring payment through western union, but how about if I send one of the bearing kits and he will pay for that to be express posted in AUSTRALIA and when they arrive, he will send the rest of the money for the other parts and postage? He said he needs to be cautious with his money. No offence to me but need some reassurance that he is going to receive the parts.

I agreed, trusted him and sent 1 set of bearing kits, without the payment and postage charges to AUSTRALIA as I asked him to send the payment of all the parts once.
I posted the cam bearing kit to Alec on 10-03-2014.
Provided him the tracking number (EC000144720PK).
They arrived in about 1 week in office of exchange in AUSTRALIA. The delivery service went to Alec address, but unfortunately he was out of town and it was undelivered.
I mailed Alec and got a response that he is out of town, but he will ask his friend to collect the parts. His friends collected the parts on 20-03-2014.
Alec mailed me that the parts have been picked up and he will return back in a few days. Will let me know when he arrive. Also he asked me to reserve the other set of headlights I have which I advertise on samba.

I reserved 3 pairs of headlights, 2 cam bearings (one sent to him) and 2 distributor caps and removed the ad from the samba.

I waited for him to return back, after returning back to his hometown, he asked me to wait another two weeks for payment as he has just arrived and been busy.

3 weeks has gone by and no response to emails or PM's.

Rastaplasta (Alec Turner) is a poor communicator, bails on his commitments and is a waste of time.
shakeel1987
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I got an E-Mail from Alec a week back. He told me a very solid reason for not replying to my PM's and E-Mails as his father passed away.

Alec: "Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well. May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead."

Alec is a good guy and has a very good nature. He sent me the money today and I've posted him the parts he reserved from me.

Thanks a lot Alec.

Kind Regards,
Shakeel
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: