Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

skitz is back with pics
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skitz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: skitz is back with pics Reply with quote

Wazzzzzzzzzzup everyone

thanx for the help, if you read my past topics, well now i got pics to go with them,lol, well to start i would like to know what you think about my car if you think everything is original 56 also i been sanding the car and well i would like to know if i could leave it the way ii have it for now with out paint from the inside or spray something on (is basically sanded to the metal) about the motor if you guys think i could use it as a daily driver once getting it running, dumb question but here we go if it rains can i drive the car without the decklid or rain would damage the engine? well few questions for now ty heres my pics

http://www.geocities.com/squadsks/skitz56vw.html?1073709896136

skitz56vw
nonamekevin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics.

Is that dash an original, or custom made? I am new, and trying to learn alittle bit here and there. I know that I really don't like my dash, and am thinking about ideas about it.

Thanks
-Kevin
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!!! That is the exact car I am looking for to do next. I want an oval rag with over riders. I bet you could buff that paint back to a shine!!
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the looks of your bug. and i wouldnt drive it in the rain without a decklid. you can do it but i personally wouldnt. you could soak the filters, and if any condensation gets in the distributor you wont fire correctly.

there is probably a lot of reasons not to drive it in the rain with no decklid, but those are the obvious ones
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skitz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I bougth the car as is, the only thing I done to it is sand it from the inside but i just want to do the body not the pan because the mechanic that saw the car told me it was a different year pan and like i said i want to try to get everything original so i'll be looking for a good 56 pan, also I think the dash is in original shape exept for the part where the radio's suppost to be i think someone cut it to fit new stereo in it, I would like to fix it to its original shape and try to find a 56 radio which i know it would be kind of hard to find, About the paint, well as of now i think thats going to be the color i want in it, just to be glossy, this color is just a primer, like i said i think someone made the car ragtop and put the semaphores also , let me know if you think i'm wrong about the car running it with out the deck lid , thankx now i really know i do need it...
things i have to do to get it running is well start the engine which i hope it could be good for an everyday driver( mechanic that saw the car told me it wastn) also install the electrical harness which i hope i could do it myself and buy new tires oh and fix the window to roll up and down oh and get screw or do something to get the seats onto the car i have some 58 seats , like i said i'm an inexpert on this hope i get better, thanx guys for the help.

Evil or Very Mad skitz

any comments suggestions will appreciate
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of work to do to get it back to original! Maybe you should just fix it up nice and drive it. Or sell it to find one more original to start with.
skitz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about that, I know it migth be alot of work, but since is my first bug i kind of want to keep it as my firt one and get it fix, feel good that i did all of this on my own(ofcourse with you guys help) and well just pass it on to generations, which i know that i will be getting other bugs with more experience i'll do better on knowing what to buy the conditions of the cars and what has to be done to get it how i want it, dont know if you felt the same way with your first vw, if you still have it or not :0
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, I have had my bug for over 10 yrs now. Kind of feel bad cuz it was all original (ALL) except for plugs wires and condensor. It even had the OG Tires! Less than 40k miles. And I made a custom out of it. Because you can buy so much stuff new, I threw Lots of OG parts away that werent perfect. I had no idea, I started this project 9 years ago. I just meant it would be lots of work and money for you to get it back to original (OG correct year parts). But if thats what you want, Do it and I wish you luck. It is super fun, I havent even cussed yet, and im almost done. Well I did cuss today. I was replacing my tail light bulb ( I have 1950 Pontiac tail lights) with one of those Led clustered 1157 bulbs, and i dropped the glass lense on the floor. Shattered it, and they are less than a month old and have been turned on twice.
3 type2's
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skitz, Nice pics of your car! I would just run the current pan, as it appears to be a swingaxle, as was the original. I don't know your current engine specifications, but would suggest getting rid of the aftermarket fan shroud, and getting a genuine VW shroud if you plan on using the car as a daily driver. They just don't cool as well, as this type eliminates the stock oil cooler within the shroud. Also running without the engine lid can affect cooling of the engine, in both negative ways--overheating at stoplights, and positive ways--better cooling while in motion. I prefer to run an engine lid as it just looks better! Good Luck! Jeff
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks Elniceo to me. the interior will must likely follow the rest of the theme.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool car skitz. I would love to have an oval rag with a straight body. If I were you, I'd make the car clean and functional and enjoy it. You will spend a lot of time and money restoring it to og. You can have an awesome car by just "finishing" it. Good luck and post pics on the progress.
NDakRaceFan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: SkitZ pics Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys... but my neck hurts.... LOL
Nice car... though!

Later
Mike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
lightswitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great car! Thats exactly what im looking for! that a great find, treat her well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: