Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Found it again " 1953 Pick up Truck"
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepillo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Found it again " 1953 Pick up Truck" Reply with quote

After several years without knowing where it was and registered previously in the barndoor Dk, is now part of restoration projects that I have. We'll see when I start the restoration process.
I share photos of how I found this 1953 pick up Single cup near Bogota - Colombia.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Pepillo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Columbian modifications never cease to amaze me. Those are the fattest lip doglegs I've ever seen!

Good luck, you'll need it Wink
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool. seems like it would not take much to make it look like it did. Definitely needs some new gates, proper doglegs and roll it. Smile

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepillo, this is the next closest 53 BD truck to my 20-057***
only 700 digits between them, probably produced in the same week of July 1953 Very Happy we are soul brothers now . Cool
congrats that you saved it ! keep the pics coming. please get rid of that steering wheel... Rolling Eyes

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Pepillo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTV wrote:
The Columbian modifications never cease to amaze me. Those are the fattest lip doglegs I've ever seen!

Good luck, you'll need it Wink

In Colombia there was never easy attainment of parts for these vans and for this reason many changes were made and it is difficult to think that still remain alive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pepillo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djfordmanjack wrote:
Pepillo, this is the next closest 53 BD truck to my 20-057***
only 700 digits between them, probably produced in the same week of July 1953 Very Happy we are soul brothers now . Cool
congrats that you saved it ! keep the pics coming. please get rid of that steering wheel... Rolling Eyes

Yes, the vin is 200567xx and I'm very happy with this new project, and not just the steering wheel must be removed, but many more things that are not original .. will keep you informed of the process.
Pepillo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
very cool. seems like it would not take much to make it look like it did. Definitely needs some new gates, proper doglegs and roll it. Smile

Thanks ,Have enough work to do, many modifications have to be corrected. let's see what happens

Last edited by Pepillo on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just leave it alone its great as is,same with the rocket.........why not just leave the columbian creations as is for future generations to admire for what they are and just fully create a new bus from gersons metal if you want a unbastardized bus.........

people are missing the point on how awesome the columbian buses are in their natural columbian states........each one a different and interesting story............unglued and recreated (very desperate) they lose all story
Pepillo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:
just leave it alone its great as is,same with the rocket.........why not just leave the columbian creations as is for future generations to admire for what they are and just fully create a new bus from gersons metal if you want a unbastardized bus.........

people are missing the point on how awesome the columbian buses are in their natural columbian states........each one a different and interesting story............unglued and recreated (very desperate) they lose all story

You are right, the amount of good stories I've found with the purchase of each of these buses is incredible, many working people who want to get ahead and never let die their cars to the point of making all these modifications

This is a very sencible point because the owners of these buses never want to leave them and always are very difficult negotiations and can be several years behind any of these buses.

At the moment I'm fixing the mechanical parts and enjoy them just the way they are.

Just look at this topic that I have on a 1955 panel that I have rolling: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: