Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1962 356 cabriolet ..should it have wood floor under mats?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: 1962 356 cabriolet ..should it have wood floor under mats? Reply with quote

Do all 1962 Porsche 356 cabriolets have wood floors under the front driver & passenger areas?. I have seen with or without What's correct? Thank you.
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the only wood on a 1962 B body should be the pedal board which is the semi vertical pc. behind the pedals & in the same location on the passenger side. The actual floor is steel.

I think that the early cars, pre A, had a wooden board over the top of the metal floor in addition to the pedal board but not positive on this.
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle

Last edited by MMW on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1956-57 A had one of these: http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2469 Made from about 5/16" 6 or 8 ply plywood and painted black, I think cars were all a little different!
Sven Stark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMW wrote:
I believe the only wood on a 1962 B body should be the pedal board which is the semi vertical pc. behind the pedals & in the same location on the passenger side. The actual floor is steel.

I think that the early cars, pre A, had a wooden board over the top of the metal floor in addition to the pedal board but not positive on this.

That is correct. It means that the floor in a pre A is flat - the floor is on the same level as the top of the tunnel. The clutch cable is also routed across the floor, which looks very strange if you do not have the floor boards in place.
lmc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyones help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: