Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Like this:
Code:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozZ5nd7C04[/youtube]

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

You have to post on YouTube and then link to it.

You can use the YouTube buttons on the post screen when posting to make it appear on the site so it's not just a link, if you wish.

Example:
[youtube]https://Link to YouTube video[/youtube]
A video will appear if it's a valid link.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Can't find any topics on how to get videos onto Samba. Would like to be able to do that from my iMac.

Duncan
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

OK, thanks Everett. That's exactly what I ended up doing.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

You cannot replace an existing photo with another one.

You can delete it, if it was recently uploaded, in order to upload a corrected one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Can I replace/exchange a photo once its posted to my gallery? I often load 10 photos at a time in the "add photo" function in the gallery. Once in a long while I mark a photo from my computer that has a similar title to the one I wanted but it's the unprocessed one. The description for it remains OK. I only notice the incorrect photo after I see it in my photos. Other than deleting the photo out of the 10-photo batch and adding the right one as a stand-alone, can I replace it with the intended one? I don't want to bother Everett B nor the pertinent forum or gallery moderator to correct my oversight.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Feel free to email me the ones that don't work.
I will check them and try them from here to see if I can identify an issue.
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

I have been having trouble posting a few photos lately. They are all taken on a phone so size doesn't seem to be the issue and it's only a few photos out of the same batch that won't load. When I hit submit I get the following message:

"400 Bad Request"

It's odd that it's only a few photos and I can't figure out why they are different than the ones that load with no problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Thanks, DuncanS and Everett. I did not see a "jpg" in the photo's address. I also found the same photo in Alamy which I'm about to post on the Type 3 forum, using the simple method to right click on the photo itself and select "copy image address".
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Is it possible to add a photo from a copyrighted source such as Getty Images? I tried opening this photo in a separate tab, pasting its address to this response box with "img" surrounds, then deleting the address starting from the right going back to the "?" and without the "?". No clear results. Would be for the Type 3 vintage photos thread.

Right click on image itself for "copy image address": https://media.gettyimages.com/id/1224604943/photo/...wFPy7Xc6k=

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/sing...popup=true

Pasting attempt with shortened address: [img]https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/singer-jay-walker-leaning-on-a-car-at-munich-germany-1960s-news-photo/1224604943?
[/img]

I know I could make a screen shot of the image, save it to my computer, size it per tS photo sizing, pixellate the watermark; then import that into my gallery. Quite a bit of activity for that.

This link has a lot of junk after the ".jpg" in the filename you posted.
I "fixed" the site so it ignores that stuff and will still show the image

This text
Code:
[img]https://media.gettyimages.com/id/1224604943/photo/jay-walker.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=7GXTqYTZzOc74rNl2JzQEJL4peRJvR3KICwFPy7Xc6k=[/img]

will now work as seen below:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Do you mean like this?
An imported screen shot.

Duncan
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Is it possible to add a photo from a copyrighted source such as Getty Images? I tried opening this photo in a separate tab, pasting its address to this response box with "img" surrounds, then deleting the address starting from the right going back to the "?" and without the "?". No clear results. Would be for the Type 3 vintage photos thread.

Right click on image itself for "copy image address": https://media.gettyimages.com/id/1224604943/photo/...wFPy7Xc6k=

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/sing...popup=true

Pasting attempt with shortened address: [img]https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/singer-jay-walker-leaning-on-a-car-at-munich-germany-1960s-news-photo/1224604943?
[/img]

I know I could make a screen shot of the image, save it to my computer, size it per tS photo sizing, pixellate the watermark; then import that into my gallery. Quite a bit of activity for that.
Nicholas D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Just another reason why I love this site! Thank you for the help, it worked! I have to do the screenshot trick as it saves those as jpegs and my regular phone camera saves them as ISO200's, whatever that is. Thanks again!
71StandardReduction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

I'm not very savvy in this topic but emailing with Everett last night, I was helped enough to commit to some Google searching and figured out a way to deal with the issue that worked for my Galaxy s21.
I still have to take screenshots of my pictures and edit them to make it work but atleast I can post again.
Quite simple actually.

Thanks for the help!

YHWH NISSI
YHWH SHALOM

64 Pan Buggy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Ruby Red 1966
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779597&highlight=

https://youtube.com/@SCOFabwerx?feature=shared
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

I looked up the Galaxy phone and it looks like the newest ones take photos in HEIC format, which the site doesn't support at this time.

You can change it to default to JPG instead - maybe this will work.
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Check your phone settings. I was having trouble with an iPhone and a Mac desktop. It turned out the phone camera was using an EISC system, whatever that means, and it wouldn't work. With tech help, the phone now uses JPEG and all is right with the world. Well there are still a couple of things not right, but at least I can post pictures.

Duncan
Nicholas D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

I was one that emailed you about photo posting issues and you definitely helped me out. I'm still having issues with it though and again can't upload a photo. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever had before but the last three or four photos I've tried to post have taken at least five tries to get them to upload. I don't do anything differently when they do finally post, they just magically work. I have a galaxy too so maybe they recently changed something with the format of the photos that the samba doesn't like. Oh well, I'll follow this thread and see if anyone else has ideas about the problem.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Email me the photo so I can check it out.

It's not uploading at all - the link above is not a link to a photo.

For some reason there have been a couple people lately that emailed me pics and they wouldn't upload but I had no idea why.

I opened them and re-saved them and then they uploaded fine so there must have been something weird with the photo.
71StandardReduction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Hello, I've all of a sudden lost my ability to upload photos.
Something happened awhile back and as long as I took a screenshot of my own pictures, I could get them to upload...but even that has resulted in this:

Which is what was happening before unless I used a screenshot. Now it happens either way....
Any suggestions?

That photo is listed in 58 up bug sedan.
My device is a Galaxy S21... been using it for over a year now.

YHWH NISSI
YHWH SHALOM

64 Pan Buggy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Ruby Red 1966
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779597&highlight=

https://youtube.com/@SCOFabwerx?feature=shared
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums Reply with quote

Right. I actually hate using the phone for any text stuff but the phone camera is pretty good. And always with me. I'll try to down load to my desktop to .jpg format then.
Long term I might find a better digital camera and just do it the old way.
I do a lot of contributing to a few forums and am an old school touch typist so a full size keyboard is so much nicer. Nicer than a laptop even.
thanks, Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: