Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Staying Logged IN
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Anybody having trouble staying logged in?.... About ever 2-3 days it seems to kick me out and I have to login and click "stay logged in" box again.. Its getting really old... And it does not seem to be a browser issue (trying 3 different browsers)...

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Toss your cookies

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Yes, this is usually a cookie issue based on past feedback from a few users.

Although I can't explain it if it's different browsers... unless you have a security add-on that is blocking things
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Although I can't explain it if it's different browsers... unless you have a security add-on that is blocking things

As a update after hours and months of conversations with google and firefox, it seem that the samba created a cookie and it is only good for logging in for about 3 days then it negates the saved login (cookie) and one has to relogin ... For me its this way with Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge.... Oh well.... Clearing cookies after each log out just accomplishes the same thing, I relog in and its good for about 3 days and BAM I'm out ..OH well.....

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...

Last edited by Dale M. on Sat May 27, 2023 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
EverettB wrote:

As a update after hours and months of conversations with google and firefox, it seem that the samba created a cookie and it is only good for logging in for about 3 days then it negates the saved login (cookie) and one has to relogin ... For me its this way with Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Bing.... Oh well.... Clearing cookies after each log out just accomplishes the same thing, I relog in and its good for about 3 days and BAM I'm out ..OH well.....

I never have your problem.

My userid and password are saved and works on Chrome and Firefox.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kreemoweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

The only persistent cookie my browser (Firefox) has from www.thesamba.com is called "samba_id_data" and it expires 1 year from now. Almost all browsers have some built-in tool to view the actual cookie data and expiration dates.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Yes, it's set to expire after 1 year.

You probably have something that's clearing it after 3 days.

I've had people say the auto-login never works for them... I suspect they have a cookie blocker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Firefox has a "manage exception" option in the settings for cookies.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1308735

"Need help configuring Firefox exceptions for Cookies and Other site Data so sites like the NY Times can remember me so I don't have to log-in to them multiple times per day.

I've even deleted Firefox and started over, but that did not resolve the issue.

I need an expert in this to help me as I'm just not getting it...though I have tried many different configurations of FireFox's settings.
"

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

This happens to me every few days in Chrome for iPad. There is no way to view and manage cookies for an individual site. It sounds like the cookie should last for a year, so should I report the issue to Google?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

If you don't think you have something like a security program that is clearing it, sure it could be worth asking them why the cookie is getting removed.

I'd be curious to known where you are reporting this and if they respond.
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
If you don't think you have something like a security program that is clearing it, sure it could be worth asking them why the cookie is getting removed.

I do use AdGuard Home with the OISD domain blocklist: https://oisd.nl/ but I don't know if that would cause the issue.

In the app, you can 'Report an Issue', and it automatically takes a screenshot and sends system logs (when I view the log, it contains Session Identifier and CurrentURL).
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

brickster wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I do use AdGuard Home with the OISD domain blocklist: https://oisd.nl/ but I don't know if that would cause the issue.

In the app, you can 'Report an Issue', and it automatically takes a screenshot and sends system logs (when I view the log, it contains Session Identifier and CurrentURL).

I don’t want to jinx it, but I haven’t had the issue for a couple of weeks.

I did report it to the Chrome for iOS team again right before and there were a couple of updates since. I will report back if I see it again.
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Staying Logged IN Reply with quote

Suddenly back with a vengeance with Chrome on ipados. I sent another report to through the browser.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: