Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NYC:German Beer Promotion: VW Micro Buses needed, money paid
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppierre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: NYC:German Beer Promotion: VW Micro Buses needed, money paid Reply with quote

Hi there forum,

Here's a bit of an odd ball question, but I figured this might be the place to ask. Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I work for an event company in New York and we're looking to promote a German beer for the month of September. The idea is park several Micro Busses around the city in front of bars, promoting this beer.

Ideally, we'd like to wrap the bus. I know, I KNOW - I'd have to be crazy to ask someone wrap their baby in vinyl. BUT - if you're planning on giving it a new paint job, or she needs some body work, this could be an excellent way of financing part of said paint job. Also, we'd throw in a couple cases of beer.

Ideally, we're looking to have these promotions go on each weekend in September, starting with Labor Day.

If someone was willing to rent the busses to us, we'd gladly do that; but if that's not the case, perhaps we can find a way to share the work load among forum members and split the proceeds.

In terms of renting, we could set up a situation where the busses are moved from location to location on a flatbed, so no one would actually be driving the vehicle, thereby drastically reducing the amount of time you'd have to spend on site.

Also, we'd provide secure parking facilities.

Feel free to reach out with any questions. Hopefully, we can find a way to make this work.

Cheers/Prost!
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... I'll be the first to bite.

Which beer are you going to advertise with said buses ?
What sort of money are you talking ?
A free vinyl wrap and a couple cases of beer wouldn't cut it for any bus owner I know...and I know some pretty thirsty bus owners Very Happy

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you safely remove a vinyl wrap, with older paint likely underneath it?

September is a busy time of the year for us east coast VW enthusiasts.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes, remember, Bay window buses are the featured model at the All Air-Cooled Gathering in Flanders NJ on Sept 20/21st. It's our 10th anniversary and it's gonna be the best Gathering yet. It would be a shame to miss it for a couple of bucks and a case of of beer.

Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
Dudes, remember, Bay window buses are the featured model at the All Air-Cooled Gathering in Flanders NJ on Sept 20/21st. It's our 10th anniversary and it's gonna be the best Gathering yet. It would be a shame to miss it for a couple of bucks and a case of of beer.

Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey

Relax Jeff, he doesn't want any Bay Windows.
ppierre wrote:
several Micro Busses

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bay Wondow buses are also referred to as Micro Buses! Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
Bay Wondow buses are also referred to as Micro Buses! Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey

Sure.. OK... maybe in some parts of the world, but when you say Micro Bus people mean Splits.

When you say "Fat Chick" they mean Bays.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should focus on the late bays whos going to wrap their split deluxe plus what about damages.. I wouldnt do it . with a baywindow yea
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever Glenn, oh great purveyor of labels.... Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"renting Busses"... isn't that called prostitution?

Now, renting Buses, that's another matter...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhicken wrote:
Whatever Glenn, oh great purveyor of labels.... Rolling Eyes

-jeffrey

Not me...

You would need to contact the OP to see if he means Splits only or Splits and Bays.

It's like says you need a Beetle, meaning a air cooled, and someone shows up with a New Beetle

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
ppierre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: More details Reply with quote

Ok so here are some more details:

We're running a promotion for a German beer company.

Dates: August 29 through October 31st.

Where: Manahattan, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey

What: Running, driving, vintage VW Buses, Bugs, Buggys, Things will be considered.

Wrap: Selected vehicles will be wrapped at our expense, and will be required to remain wrapped for the duration of the promotion.

Events: There will be approximately 25 events through out the promotion period.

Requirements: Drivers will be required to drive a 1hr route in the vicinity of the event, and then park vehicle outside the event for 3 hours.

Compensation: Drivers/owners will be compensated $400 per event ($100/hr). No additional expenses will be reimbursed.

Scheduling: Based on driver availability and event schedule, confirmation of participation will be communicated one week prior to the event.

Insurance: Driver/owner must provide proof of insurance.

Number of Vehicles: We will consider awardinging all 25 appearances to a single driver/owner, provided he/she can commit to the full event schedule. Alternatively, we would consider working with up to 3 vehicles as some events may occur at the same time in different locations.

NOTE: Events will occur on Labor day, availability for those dates is required.

Vehicles specifications: we're not too picky on the year/style of the vehicle. Essentially we're looking to promote the idea of Endless Summer, so any thing that would speak to that messaging should be fine.
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: More details Reply with quote

ppierre wrote:
Ok so here are some more details:

We're running a promotion for a German beer company.

Dates: August 29 through October 31st.

Where: Manahattan, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey

What: Running, driving, vintage VW Buses, Bugs, Buggys, Things will be considered.

Wrap: Selected vehicles will be wrapped at our expense, and will be required to remain wrapped for the duration of the promotion.

Events: There will be approximately 25 events through out the promotion period.

Requirements: Drivers will be required to drive a 1hr route in the vicinity of the event, and then park vehicle outside the event for 3 hours.

Compensation: Drivers/owners will be compensated $400 per event ($100/hr). No additional expenses will be reimbursed.

Scheduling: Based on driver availability and event schedule, confirmation of participation will be communicated one week prior to the event.

Number of Vehicles: We will consider awardinging all 25 appearances to a single driver/owner, provided he/she can commit to the full event schedule. Alternatively, we would consider working with up to 3 vehicles as some events may occur at the same time in different locations.

NOTE: Events will occur on Labor day, availability for those dates is required.

Vehicles specifications: we're not too picky on the year/style of the vehicle. Essentially we're looking to promote the idea of Endless Summer, so any thing that would speak to that messaging should be fine.
Im thinking you guys are better off just retoring your own buses and vw for the promotions . who s going to leave their bus alone for 3hrs outside the event ? Well you will probaly get a lot late vw s after 1970 cant imagine anyone signing up . then again people do anythhing for $ and to show off their ride.. Ill pass
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun but I'd be afraid to wrap my bug with its original paint, some of which is cracked, and have the paint come off when the wrap is removed afterwards.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy... two posts and you're asking for people to provide their cars / busses for a whopping $400 and a couple cases of a yet unnamed beer. As someone in the sign industry, I surely hope that you, the beer company, and your wrap company all have a significant insurance rider to cover each and every vehicle wrapped. Like some of the previous posters mention, old paint and removing vinyl don't always mix, especially with some of the wrap hacks who use razor blades to do that.

I think you saw the stolen bus thread with the ice cream vendor (or whatever it was) and thought to yourself a great idea for a beer vendor. Better idea: have space in front of each bar large enough for your vehicles, get permits to dump a load of sand in said spot, park your vehicles and add beer props to the sand - umbrellas, lounge chairs, skimpy bikini babes with the beer name on the cloth - and promote from there. No damage to the vehicles, and will better show an "endless summer" theme than having them wrapped.

Your welcome, and I'll send you my bill Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a good idea i think theyre just giving too little for what they want. they want old splits $$ . yeah go ask chevy and ford guys see what they say ?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: More details Reply with quote

ppierre wrote:

Most of the cars have "collector's" insurance and all the policies i've seen specifically state they will not cover "for hire" use or "race track" use.

Everyone I know who's had their vehicle using in a promotion, the promoter provide the insurance.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
ppierre
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

They don't need to be old splits. And you're right, we wouldn't want to use a mint bus - I think this is more ideally suited for someone that is planning a fresh paint job and wants a bit of cash to make it happen. Been getting some biters, so I guess the idea isn't totally bonkers...
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Microbuses being sought to promote a microbrew? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: