Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

jrobewesty - [email protected] - Jeff Robenolt
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshtjeerdsma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: jrobewesty - [email protected] - Jeff Robenolt Reply with quote

I am starting a feedback thread for Jeff's modified subaru wiring harnesses. I had Jeff modify my 2000 EJ25 harness for my syncro and the work was exceptional. He was very helpfull and he answered any questions I had. The harness was perfect and worked on the first turn of the key. He even sent me a youtube link of my harness on his test stand. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/ktZkZ5U-cUY . I would recommend him to anyone who is in the market for a modified subaru harness. Josh
Ives676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently hired Jeff to modify a 1992 Legacy harness to go into my 1974 bay window. I haven't completed the conversion yet but I can speak to how well Jeff conducted business.

He was very informative and the quality of his work is very obvious. He kept me well informed of shipping information and updates on progress. Documentation and well placed labeling should make for a much easier swap. Thanks Jeff!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had another guy do my harness. i was having issues and jeff spent 2 hours on the phone with me Shocked

super cool cat, and he will be doing my next harness. having someone like jeff is awesome because i can save sooo much time having him do my harness work.

having done that kind of stuff before, i can appreciate the time it takes, and it is well worth the money.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
jc26
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had Jeff do a 1990 harness for a friend of mine, mailed it off, got it back quicker than i thought. it works great, im by no means a wiring guy, but i managed to get it installed and done, super simple labeled and well worth his prices. now if he can just get the WRX engines wired as simply ;P
JeffRobenolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!!

WRX is on its way. Hoping in a couple months to have an 04 WRX motor in my 71 Super to test them.

Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack-man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff just finished a harness for me and it came out GREAT!
95 Subaru Legacy 2.2 going into a 87 Syncro Tin Top.
I had 2 other potential people who could do the harness modification and I picked Jeff for several reasons - opposite of the other guys.
1) He always answered my calls and emails within 24 hours.
2) He really knows his stuff and was able to steer me in the right direction on more than just the harness. This included the various options on Subaru motors, transmission rebuilders, tachometer modification, and several other VW related items.
3) He charged less than the 2 other people I was talking with.

My harness video is here: http://youtu.be/f8QcuZZ3qSQ

Overall it was a great interaction and I would not hesitate to go with Jeff for any future Subaru harness modifications I might need to do.
Dune Buggies, Aircraft Application, etc.

Jack Reese
mack00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff finished my harness over the Holidays. It looks great - well marked. Hope to get it installed soon.
Jeff offers great advice and help on all aspects of the conversion. Great communication. Will use Jeff if I do another conversion. Very Happy

Last edited by mack00 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
dr.bones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: the master Reply with quote

he is awesome and I would recommend him to all for wiring harness's and also a vast knowledge of Subaru.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff worked with me (WITH!) working out some unorthodox changes I was looking for in a harness. Unlike other converters who just have a glorified continuity tester, Jeff actually runs his harnesses on the correct engine for your application with your ECU. It is the ultimate sanity check and makes his work a bargain relative to the attention and excellent service he puts into product.

I cannot recommend Jeff's work highly enough. If you don't want to get lost in your own harness, Jeff is the guy who can save you from yourself.

Marshall Webber
VolksarU
jdgump84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Jeff's wiring harness Reply with quote

Jeff just did a 2002 Forester harness for me. He had a fast turn around, and it is very good, clean and neat work. He has also followed up with me to see how my conversion is going. I will definitely give him any of my future business.
snwbrdr435
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback on here long over due! I had Jeff do the harness for my 93 ej22 conversion back in Nov 2014. There were some wiring plug problems with the harness I had sent him which was in part my fault for not checking the harness over before hand to make sure everything was there. The people who pulled the harness cut a few plugs off here and there and a chunk of it was missing. That was taken care of quickly and communication was prompt and professional! Awesome! The conversion started first try and I put thousands of miles of it since then! I had one wiring/electric issue which wasnt due in part to the harness or any of Jeff's amazing work. My alternator finally failed after two months and then the replacements made all sorts of issues with the injector wiring. Jeff spent over an hour and a half of his free time on the phone with me diagnosing it. Then we communicated through text/email while I tried various things until eventually getting rid of the hitachi unit and upgrading to a newer 110amp unit fixed everything! He has since answered a few other van related questions I have had. Valuable resource and a retailer/harness maker I recommend/will use again!!!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had jeff do 2 harness's for me. jeffs work is incredible, and I have yet another couple to send off to him.

give the guy your money and leave all the sticky icky for him to deal with Laughing

seriously...100% happy with jeff and his work

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
vwbusride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: jrobewesty - [email protected] - Jeff Robenolt Reply with quote

I sent about 30 pounds of wires and crap to Jeff.
He sent me back a nice tidy little harness.
Thanks Jeff.
Aaron
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: