Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another annoying carb question.....
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Another annoying carb question..... Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am having some issues with carb tuning. I have been reading and reading about tuning and trying to get it right. Set up is a single empi 40 hpmx(yes I know....) 009 dizzy,bugpac electric fuel pump, timing set at 30 total advance, dwell at 48. On a 1679 DP motor in a rail. I can get it to run but while running if I hit the throttle the accel pump jets do almost nothing. I can feather it and get it to run. With the car and fuel pump off the accel pump jets have a nice steady stream of fuel. It stumbles so bad I can bearly keep it running. Help?
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without getting into jets and assuming it ran good before with this setup, is there anyway you can increase fuel pressure? Check your float height condition? Or on the other side of things maybe it's already too rich (maybe because of too much pressure) and the AP has little effect because it's already rich?
Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never had it running "right" with this set up. I have been trying to get it running good since I put the 1679 in a month ago. I was running a lot better than this before and its just getting worse. I have cleaned all the jets and passages. Float height is set to 10mm. I am going to check the FP and make sure its actually working.
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well screw it, I couldn't get the damn thing to run right so I took it off. Put the stock 34 back on it and its 100% better.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: