Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello "New" to this site
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavo56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Hello "New" to this site Reply with quote

Hi all, this is actually my second post, (should have done this first). I've acquired a 1956 Ragtop body sitting on a 1969 pan with no motor. The PO (previous owner) wanted to build a custom bug and scrapped the '56 pan (ouch!!). The PO also stripped it for painting and lost most of the '56 pieces (headlight switch, wiper switch, fuse panels, ect) so I'm left with basically a '56 shell. I'll not be restoring this, just rebuilding for driving. I have an old 73-74 long block I'm going try resurrect for this project so all my questions will be based on this info (I have been searching for various answers and will continue to do so before posting)

I've had Beetles and a Ghia before, years ago, so I'm somewhat familiar with them, but it's been about 20 years so ......

Oh yea I have 2 Muir books ('74 and '80 editions) , a '66-69 Bently (should be close enough for general answers) and over 150 various VW mags (Hot VW's VW, Trends, ect for more ideas) so I'm pretty much set on the paper front.

All my questions will be specific to this "Frankenstein" so please, bear with me....

Thanks
Steve
rlmartinez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Steve. Good luck with your build.
Regards,
Ron
0nebadbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

...I kinda did the same thing as you, a 15 year ACVW hiatus in the late 90's, traded everything for a Baja Speedboat, then grew tired of that and traded the Baja and went back to ACVW's, I came full circle I guess...

Now you need to name your car (or not) and begin a dedicated thread just for her and post up some beautiful pics! We love pictures here... Wink

...Welcome Back to the scene Steve! Cool

Gene
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!
Bring on the questions and PLEASE share photos.
Ya got me wondering . . . how do you plan on building it with regards to modifications/customizing? Since the pan has been changed, you can go for it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: