Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: fire beetle
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 07, 2024
fire beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

thank you everyone for letting me work on your fantastic VW's
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the pleasure of using Mike's services here in Baltimore. I contacted him in April of 2013 when I picked up my '67 Deluxe microbus. I hadn't had one in 40 years and wanted a solid assessment/evaluation of what she needed. His prices are reasonable, he's very knowledgeable and a pleasure to hang out with. I do a lot of my own work, but he was able to give me a great evaluation on my "new" '67 microbus and let me know where to get started.

Looking for '67 Engine / Block HO 183xxx - HO 194xxx
kevinj73us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike stopped by to my place in Laurel, MD for an initial tune up/service on my bus. The level of service he provides for the price was excellent. He didn't mind me watching and asking questions, and he explained what he was doing.

Mike has a passion for air cooled VW's and it shows in how he approaches working on them.

Highly recommended.

kj
RacerWoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is by far one of the most knowledgeable repair people around, especially when it comes to the air-cooled VW. He installed the dual-carb setup on my '72 Bug and the tune could not be more perfect. He's honest, his prices are quite reasonable and (very conveniently) he makes housecalls. I HIGHLY recommend him.
AS18
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Highly recommend Reply with quote

Emailed Mike from the info I got here on the Samba. He came by the house to check out my new bus. He spent a good hour going over some of the problem areas and getting his hands dirty, gave me a list of items to complete to save time and cash, and gave me a game plan to move forward with. I can' t wait to get him back over for the complete tune up that everyone raves about.

I was hesitant contacting a stranger via email, but when he pulled up in a perfect aircooled convertible I was put at ease!
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike just left here...his second visit. The guy is great...great prices, company and knowledge!

kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenshapiro2002 wrote:
Mike just left here...his second visit. The guy is great...great prices, company and knowledge!

Third visit today...pleased as always. Love helping out one of our servicemen too.

dblasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike was very responsive and fixed my electrical problem quickly. Contacted on a Wednesday and out by Friday to fix problem. Looking to use him in the future on additional work. Nice guy, easy going and knowledgeable. He provided a good start to my weekend.
oldcarnutzs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Very Knowledgeable Reply with quote

I have bought many services from Mike for my 69' Weekender Brakes, engine tune-up, and routine maintenance. He is very reasonable and very knowledgeable, he you can help me out in the knowledge I needed to purchase my wife's new Volkswagen bus a 77 Riviera. Once I get that bus home Mike will be the only one that I will let work on it. I would recommend him to anyone.
kair350
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

Dropped off my 64 Panel to Mike on April 19 for a tune up, inspection and check for a noise that was intermittent, loud and worrisome. He found the noise issue while I was there in the first few minutes turns out my pulley was tearing up the alternator. We talked about the tune up and a few other items I needed done. Picked up the bus today drove home 50 miles on the interstate no noises driving home a well tuned machine. Reasonable Prices, highly recommend.
FartsMcFarty Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

I contacted Mike after reading several testimonies on Samba. There was a post where he offered a helluva deal. After a couple text messages and photos we agreed to spend a weekend working on a 1969 Type 3 Fastback I acquired (without seeing in person or having a mechanic check out first) from eBay at my parent’s place in Driftwood, Texas. Mike gave me a list of items needed to for a tune-up, brakes, and gas lines. He tells me exactly what to get and if I ever questioned anything he takes the time to explain things clearly for me. I can’t thank him enough for being patient with an idiot like me. While we were going through the Fastback, Mike identified missing components or parts that needed to be replaced. Clearly he knows how to work with any VWs and I bartered with him to come back and help me with a 1972 Standard Beetle project. I enjoy his enthusiasm and he can figure things out FAST, then gets right after it. He had to cut into my Fastback body to correct a rear suspension issue, I can’t even tell where he made the cut and welded it back into place. The Fastback’s motor has been humming since and no longer scrapes from being too low. I highly recommend his service, you won’t be sorry once you meet him. He’s a family man, trustworthy, active in the Army, and has a good sense of humor. Thank you Mike for putting up with me and I look forward to seeing you again.
1969 Type III Fastback
1971 Type II
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jitbba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

I've had Mike come over to do numerous tasks on my recently acquired 1960 beetle. He gives great feedback on diagnostics and does excellent work at a reasonable price. People who are passionate about what they do tend to put out quality work and that is very evident with Mike.
Graeme54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

Mike came to my house 2 evenings in a row to work on getting my bus and bug running after they had sat for over a year-he did great work and was very meticulous, I was very happy with his quality of work and I will be getting him to do more soon.

Graeme E
jabaismar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

Mike is the best of the best VW mechanic in San Antonio, Texas, 100%Honest, 100% he does a great job and very reasonable in his prices!! Thank you Mike for repair my 1962 VW!! Very Happy VW Logo Orange Bug
JSG21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

I contacted Mike because I had given up on my 1972 bus and lost interest but Mike came out and talked me through some things and he was able to get it back up and running and it runs like it’s never run before. I can’t believe I’m able to drive it all week to work and back and drive anywhere in San Antonio. I have peace of mind now that he’s in San Antonio and have an experienced professional to call whenever my bus needs it. Thank you Mike! 🤘🏽
thinabina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

I looked for many years for a VW mechanic who was up the challenge of getting my 1970 Karmann Ghia back on the road. Finally found Mike on the Samba and he was up for the challenge. Mike drove from San Antonio to pick the Pumpkin up and in a couple of months she was back on the road. I'm thrilled and eternally grateful for Mike.
degenolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

In the last month Mike has installed two VW engines for me into a 1977 Bus and a 1972 Bug. Both installs went well and I was driving each vehicle that day! Since then, we have tweaked the electrical wiring, trouble shooted, and identified the priority items for me to get the two road ready and inspected. The Bug had not been driven in four years and the Bus more like 12 years. So it is awesome to see these cars start breathing life again - thanks to Mike! Overall I give Mike five stars out of five for his work and knowledge (mechanical and electrical), timing, price estimates, etc. I really appreciate that he drove out to my place to do the work.
Tdm826
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: fire beetle - [email protected] - Mobile Mechanic Reply with quote

Mike is a amazing mechanic. I needed my 69 Volksrod gone thru and with his suggestions and abilities, my 69 runs and drives amazing. I would recommend to anybody that needs something done right the first time, hes your man. I will be keeping him very busy in the future. Thanks again Mike for everything.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
redovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU MIKE!!! Reply with quote

I want to thank Mike for getting my Oval back on the road, he is such a talented vw mechanic and I am glad I found him, he came all the way to College Station to do an estimate on my engine and we decided to go ahead and have him rebuild it. It has been a year since the build and let me tell you, she is still running strong! He also did the brakes and lowering, so she stops and rides very well, if you are looking for a true air cooled vw mechanic, Mike is your guy, he knows is all, although he will tell you he knows enough, it’s a pleasure to hang out with him and learn how to keep my oval running right, I asked him a hundred questions and was always happy to answer them, like he says in his add, he is a one man band but he is definitely worth the wait and his prices are more than fair, I actually told him that he should charge more for his work because there are not many VW mechanics that are as talented and passionate about air cooled VW’s like him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: